Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

What else do you collect or simply buy too much of?

I don't know about you all but my DVD collection is getting out of hand. I started buying dvds years ago and my "library" has reached well into the hundreds. Collecting and/or buying dvds has become a sickness, just like collecting Star Wars stuff. Most of my money that doesn't go towards Star Wars goes to Dvds and vice versa.

I've also been collecting McFarlane figures of different types. Mainly the McFarlane Sportspicks NFL Series. I'm so glad these figures are seasonal and I can't buy them year 'round. I also have gotten into the Mcfarlane movie figures as well, Alien, Predator, etc.

Does anyone else share the same or similar sickness? I know I'm not the only one out there.
    Last edited by UKWildcat; 08-11-2005 at 01:39 AM.

Re: What else do you collect or simply buy too much of?

Comic books - Really I have cut back on this as I had a kid and she took my comic room!
    Novels
    Transformers both original G1 and reissue G1
    Voltron

Girly stuff - I am a girl here!
    Barbies - cut back on this as pretty much I have all the ones I want.
    Charmkins

Right now I'm collecting beer bottles. Not just any bottles mind you, but Molson Canadian Twin Label bottles. I'm moving right along, but I've still got a fair amount of boozing left if I want to get all 232 of them.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Comic books
    Sportscards (alot of them too)
    McFarlane Sportspicks
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I also have hundred's of DVD's. I also do the McFarlane sportspicks and anything else cool Mcfarlane does. I also started to pick up the Marvel Legends figures. On top of taht I am an X-Box junkie so I have about 100 of those. I'll pretty much buy anything shiny

My DVD collection is up around 160, other than that don't really collecting anything else, don't have too many books, but starting to buy more of them.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I collected all of the World of Springfield except for the last wave or so. They are now all boxed up as I just moved. With the shear number and size I don't know if I'll ever be able display it all. I also have quite a bit of other Simpsons collectibles that others have given me over the years. I never asked for any of it but I became the dumping grounds for Simpson stuff. Oh well. Interesting but I don't see them being on display in my future.

I also have a bit of a collection of Aviation prints and Rock Art. The collection only numbers in about the 20 piece area which doesn't seem like much given the amount of wall space it would take display even a portion of it makes the collection a bit awkward. The amount of money your average print goes for makes it a bit expensive at times. Man, I remember when the Rock Art stuff was about $30 a pop. Argh, I wish I had bought more back then!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I collect all types of action figures, but it's such a frustrating and aggravating hobby with all the repacks, repaints, chase and exclusive figures that I think I'll quit, starting with Hasbro's stuff. Otherwise I collected whatever figs caught my eye - stuff from DST (Buffy), McFarlane (non-sports), Mezco (Hellboy), SOTA (Charmed), NECA (Ghostbusters/Kill Bill/Pirates of the Caribbean), and ToyBiz (LOTR).

I starting collecting LEGO again in the summer of 1998 and will probably focus on that entirely from now on. Pirates, Town, and Star Wars are my favorite themes.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Besides Star Wars, I collect baseball and football cards. I have really cut back on this the past few years though, because with the Star Wars collection, it was just getting out of hand.So I had to cut something. I am a huge Dallas Cowboy fan, so I do still collect this stuff.

I don't really collect anything but Star Wars. It's pretty sad that that's where most of money goes. Oh, well.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!