Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Jedi Starfighter

Go pick up the new issue of Star Wars Insider and there is a picture of the Jedi Starfighter. Sorry I could not find a picture to post up.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    How new? Issue #55? or 56? issue #55 isn't really "new" it's been out for over a month. issue #56 is just around the corner...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

What do you think about the jedi starfighter

Just wanted to get other opinions on the new star fighter. Alittle better that the naboo figther but not as cool as the x-wing or the B-WING and the others.To me it looks like a one man star destoryer.What do you think?

Issue 55, there's a bluescreen stump where the astromech goes.

Grif, you got anything to say about it, or are you just saying there's a pic in the new insider?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree, it's supposed to look like a one-man Star Destroyer and does. It's colors are kinda A-Wing styled, which seems interesting, and what appears to be the Republic logo (pre-Empire logo) is thought-provoking. However, the pilot sitting WAY back behind the rest of the ship, actually behind the engines, seems weird to me, but if it's cool in action and the droid is cooler than that normal R2 they showed on the official site, I could grow to like it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Exclamation

Eternal Padawan, it is in issue #55. Jeditricks, I was just saying that it looked cool and I was wondering if you all thought the same thing. And the other cool thing is that it has a Rebel Alliance symbol on it.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

I get that whole star destroyer reference, but when I first saw the picture of it, I thought Battle Star Gallactica the whole way! The circle is now complete, they stole from SW now SW steals from BSG, but would it really be considered stealing for SW to steal a similar idea back? Hhhmmmm? ;-)

I think the fighter is quite neat looking. But I have a problem with this whole birth of the star destroyer thing. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, whichever way you look at it, for a fighter craft to be the genesis of an aircraft carrier. That's like saying that the Bismark was based on a coracle or canoe. When did a military force ever base the design of the ship on the craft that it carries? NEVER!
    This nonsense is just shoe horning the OT into the prequel trilogy. It's far too coincidental and IMO is totally contrived and trite.
    As is the pilot sitting among the engines with a droid as a co-pilot. What's the droid for? He's got a navi-computer and no doubt shields and weapons. What's the droid for in a fighter that small? What's it gonna do - sing? Make the pilot a nice cup of java and a bagel snack? Silly silly silly contrived nonsense!

Grif, gotcha. I wasn't sure what direction you were going in, that's why I asked.

I think the idea is to show that the design elements being consistant throughout palpatine's design requests.

In one of the Ep2 doncumentaries ol'George said that the vehicle designs being made for this new trilogy are a lot better than the designs for the OT. But, so far I have yet to see it. The Jedi Starfighter is cool but just to unified in shape to compete with the X-Wing or Y-Wing or Falcon. I'll probably still buy the toy though.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis