Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What figures will be re-issues ????

Since the first OTC line contained figures that were re-packaged I was wondering what figures if any we might expect to see if Hasbro does the same thing again.
    I hope they will repackage the Tarkin wave since this seems to be the hardest to find. After all the last Saga wave of figures, General madine, General Calrissian, and AT-ST Solo were easier to find on the re-packed OTC cards then the Saga.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: What figures will be re-issues ????

I'm expecting the majority of the line to repacks and/or repaints - just like the first OTC wave. The only one we've seen so far though is the Sandtrooper - the rest have been all-new figures.

Of interest, they were batting around .300 for new figures last time, if you include the 2 post-OTC waves. That would mean (if the ratio remains similar) approximately 17 new figures out of the 56 they're claiming are on the way.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

to tell u guys the truth i look for saga 2 to be a big flop due to repeats. otc was a big let down to me. because of all the repeats. i actually think the star wars days will be coming to and end after 2006. i think the only reason otc survived was because of the classic figs and finishing of the council scenes which hasbro screwed up with scene 3,(agen kolar aka eeth koth, and stass alie aka adi galia. oh!! and that all of 8 to 10 new regular figures that was released.
    if the pre saga 2 lists i see out on the net are for real look for it to royally flop. there are already all kinds of repeats.but i hope to be wrong.

don't get me wrong i will get the new ones in the saga 2 line. oh and hasbro by the way you need to get those army builders rolen out to stores.
    MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST!!!!!!

OTHERWISE I HOPE THE FORCE IS WITH YOU WHEN THIS BOUNTY HUNTER COMES CALL'IN!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying that I have a problem with them re-issueing figures from the already existing lines. my thinking is that there will be someone out there who passed on picking up a figure for the reasons that it might pegwarm.
    In the OTC line I picked up an extra IG-88 and Bossk for custom figures and I thought that the Luke Bespin with new paint app was a cool addition to the line, picked up two. Plus some of the repacks like the Death Star Vader were igures that were hard to find in the first place since the Vader was from the Masters of the Darkside 2-pack.
    I just hope that while we all know Hasbro is going to repack some of the figures that have already surfaced that they also repack some of the variant hard to find one as well, like sith eyes anakin, tarkin, new shock clones etc. I have a feeling that this might also be the only way some of us find the last 12 of the ROTS line since they are coming out at the end of 2005 and the Saga 2 line starts in 2006
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about finding the final 12. We are heading into the Xmas season so store will start to pick up their buying to stock up. I would worry more about finding the 1st or 2nd wave of saga 2, since the pegs will be choking on all the repaints that make up the final twelve. I might be wrong but nemodians are already a large pegwarming force and adding another wave of them doesn't look good.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    I wouldn't worry too much about finding the final 12. We are heading into the Xmas season so store will start to pick up their buying to stock up. I would worry more about finding the 1st or 2nd wave of saga 2, since the pegs will be choking on all the repaints that make up the final twelve. I might be wrong but nemodians are already a large pegwarming force and adding another wave of them doesn't look good.

I know there is gonna be repacks, but Im hoping for brand new sculpted figures for certain waves (i.e. Endor Wave-Poncho Leia, Luke, Han.....DS wave-Luke/Han Stormie...etc.) So, if we keep it 2-4 new figures in a wave (I know Im really hopin' here, but let me dream) then Ill be happy, esp. if they come w/ SA. I really want ball jointed everything.

As long as Saga 2 has al least 3-4 new figures in a case of 12 then the line will do fine. I'm looking forward to it.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    As long as Saga 2 has al least 3-4 new figures in a case of 12 then the line will do fine. I'm looking forward to it.
    I agree. They need to be sure to focus on NEW figures. The new figures are the x factor and can keep this line going.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

we already have an idea. there is going to be a new han solo carbonite overdue. hopefully some supprises from hasbro.i think we will get alot of new figures, or ones redone with better articulation and movement, han solo and luke stormtroopers would be nice ,a better R2-d2 to go along with the droids there putting out later this year. if they want to keep the fan base involved and alive. there going to have to amaze us fan's. i think they will.

Welcome to SSG maatu!

I agree that Hasbro will need to cut down on the amount of reissues they offer if they want to keep the Star Wars line up and running. What they should reissue are figures that have been hard to find for most collectors, like Sio Bibble. I would love to see Hasbro put out figures that everyones wanted for some time now, like a new R5-D4 to help keep interest in the line.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay