Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh huh, yeah

Hybrid View

Uh huh, yeah

Pray for deliverance from P Diddy's stupidity.

From Yahoo News:

Diddy Drops the P. By Sarah Hall

"It's the era of Diddy."

So proclaimed the hip-hop impresario formerly known as Sean Combs, Puffy, Puff Daddy and now P. Diddy on Tuesday's Today Show, as he explained that he was changing his name once again.

The rap mogul last switched it up--from Puff Daddy to P. Diddy--in 2001, while seeking a "fresh start" after being acquitted on gun charges.

As for what brought about the latest change in moniker, the entertainer admitted that his previous name change left his fans uncertain of how to address him.

"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.

"During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.' "

He confessed that his unwieldy name was even starting to befuddle him.

"I even started to get confused myself--and when I'd called someone on the telephone it took me a long time to explain who I was. Too long," Diddy told the New York Post.

"One word. Five letters. Period," he added.
    Anyone else sick of this crap bag?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Uh huh, yeah

I thought the name was stupid to begin with. Didn't we go through this with Prince, then the artist formerly known as prince, and now I think it's Princess or something like that. What's wrong with "diddy" going by Sean Combs? That name sounds alright, and a hell of a lot better than P. Diddy or Puff Daddy.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

What a tool this guy is.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I remember maybe 5 or so years ago during a "Celebrity Tombstones" bit Conan O'Brian showed... "Didy's" and under the years lived it said: "Sean 'Puffy' Combs "The Puff Daddy: The first black man to have two stupid nicknames." Looks like that 'stone will need to get updated.

"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.
    And I'll bet he said that with a straight face.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'll just continue to call him Jackrabbit, which is Algonquin for "ruins Led Zeppelin and Police songs"

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I thought the name was stupid to begin with. Didn't we go through this with Prince, then the artist formerly known as prince, and now I think it's Princess or something like that.
    Well, there's a few differences, first, "Prince" actually is his real name, he was born "Prince Rogers Nelson"; second, Prince has talent.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Too damn funny SLicker...a headstand....my liver is next to vyns spleen
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Too damn funny SLicker...a headstand....my liver is next to vyns spleen
    I had to. The jokes presented themselves and I wouldn't have slept right now taking them.

No hard feelings Frett I still got much for ya.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'll just call you Eaches, since the P seems to be coming between us.