Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uh huh, yeah

Uh huh, yeah

Pray for deliverance from P Diddy's stupidity.

From Yahoo News:

Diddy Drops the P. By Sarah Hall

"It's the era of Diddy."

So proclaimed the hip-hop impresario formerly known as Sean Combs, Puffy, Puff Daddy and now P. Diddy on Tuesday's Today Show, as he explained that he was changing his name once again.

The rap mogul last switched it up--from Puff Daddy to P. Diddy--in 2001, while seeking a "fresh start" after being acquitted on gun charges.

As for what brought about the latest change in moniker, the entertainer admitted that his previous name change left his fans uncertain of how to address him.

"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.

"During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.' "

He confessed that his unwieldy name was even starting to befuddle him.

"I even started to get confused myself--and when I'd called someone on the telephone it took me a long time to explain who I was. Too long," Diddy told the New York Post.

"One word. Five letters. Period," he added.
    Anyone else sick of this crap bag?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Uh huh, yeah

I thought the name was stupid to begin with. Didn't we go through this with Prince, then the artist formerly known as prince, and now I think it's Princess or something like that. What's wrong with "diddy" going by Sean Combs? That name sounds alright, and a hell of a lot better than P. Diddy or Puff Daddy.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

What a tool this guy is.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I remember maybe 5 or so years ago during a "Celebrity Tombstones" bit Conan O'Brian showed... "Didy's" and under the years lived it said: "Sean 'Puffy' Combs "The Puff Daddy: The first black man to have two stupid nicknames." Looks like that 'stone will need to get updated.

"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.
    And I'll bet he said that with a straight face.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'll just continue to call him Jackrabbit, which is Algonquin for "ruins Led Zeppelin and Police songs"

Whatever happened to just using your first and last name?

I myself am really sick of these damn people that are so full of themselves that they tell people what to call them. Reminds of that dead drug addict ODB or whatever he called himself when he croaked. I wish we could increase the size of the smilies cuz I'd give the biggest you've ever seen.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Rocketboy- he sure did say it like it was dead serious, I saw the bit last night while channel surfing
    Of note- on one of them craptastic "Hollywood Inside" programs there was a little segment with a bunch of them publicity types (you know, "entertainment experts/insiders" the ones who aren't stars but want to be, so you can get them to embarass themselves gushing about STUPID crap like it's somehow based in reality so that those STUPID shows have SOME content, if you can call it that) and I swear in 2 minutes the word "diddy" had been uttered a couple dozen times, attached to phrases like "Diddy is always on top of things, Diddy knows what his fans want and Diddy wants to give it to them, we all love to follow Diddy cos he's just Diddy"
    I don't know what's worse, the name or the fact that grown adults can be made to repeat it as nauseum like it's the most important (yet somehow still totally "normal") thing ever

Yeeeargh!!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I cant wait until he becomes deady.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It's publicity. When was the last time he had a hit? When the last time any of you bought a pair of Sean John jeans? He's trying to push his product.

The quote I found funny was:
    "During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy."
    First off, don't concerts usually involve instruments? What he does is a "show". Secondly, how full of yourself do you have to be to say people are "chanting" your name? It's a show, dude. That's what they do, but you don't see The Barenaked Ladies changing their name to Ladies, do you?
    Third, you suck. No one cares what the hell your name is. Go ride Ashton's coat tails some more while he's still "hot".
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.