Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered
    Charleston, WV, Jedi Master ObiWanRoethlisberger

What happened to the Tarkin Wave?

I have been a lurker here for quite a while, and decided to suck it up and create a profile. But anyway, I have been able to find every figure out now except for the Tarkin Wave. I think it hit here once in WV (just one case at one walmart) Just caught the remnants of it. Anyway, do you think that these cases just weren't produced in large numbers, or do you think they were produced, and will eventually make their way to the stores.

I realize that they will be included in a future assortment, but I'm talking about the Wave 4, Rev 2 cases that were packed with 3 or 4 of each. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
    [b][size=3][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][i]"Don't F With a Jedi Master, Son"[/i][/font] - [/size][/b]
    [b][size=3]Mark Hamil as KocKnocker[/size][/b]
    [b][size=3][/size][/b]
    [b][size=3][/size][/b]

Re: What happened to the Tarkin Wave?

Welcome fellow West Virginian!

You may be right about them just not producing enough. I have still never seen them in stores but had someone else get them for me. I think we'll def. see them in later waves though so no worries for those that haven't found them.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Maybe these figs are being viewed as remnants of clunkers of the past. I remember the 1st Tarkin sitting around forever, and Orn Fre Ta and Jar Jar senators didn't do so well either. Maybe this wave was scaled back out of fear.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Yeah I know what you're saying, I too haven't found the Tarkin wave. Been able to find everything else, and with the exceptions of the few variants I have all of the ROTS line. Just lacking the Tarkin wave.
    By the way love your signiture, that was my favorite part of the movie. Say hello to Darth balls, BONG !!!!
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Ok first of welcome to the boards. Second they definitly didn't release much of these and part of the problem was probably they saw what happened with neimodians and the other random figures that still have been sitting there for months. It was basically a simple way to create hype for these figures.

jimmymiro12

I also never saw this wave hit central florida.... not even a hint of it.

That wave is being reissued in a case that is supposedly coming out in September.

Star Wars - Episode III Revenge of the Sith 3 3/4-inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Collection 2, Wave 5, Revision 1 contains 12 individually packaged action figures including: 1x Royal Guard (EIII #23), 2x AT-TE Tank Gunner (EIII #38), 2x Utapaun Warrior (EIII #53), 2x Captain Antilles (EIII #51), 2x Zett Jukassa (Tado) (EIII #52), 1x Tarkin (EIII #45), 1x Senator Ask Aak (EIII #46), and 1x Meena Tills - Mon Calamari Senator (EIII #47). Subject to change.
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 08-17-2005 at 01:29 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Registered
    Charleston, WV, Jedi Master ObiWanRoethlisberger

Thanks DarkArtist. Check out my profile pic. I tried to make this pic my avatar, but apparently one is not blessed with enough honor to do that on this board. Unless I'm wrong . . .
    [b][size=3][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][i]"Don't F With a Jedi Master, Son"[/i][/font] - [/size][/b]
    [b][size=3]Mark Hamil as KocKnocker[/size][/b]
    [b][size=3][/size][/b]
    [b][size=3][/size][/b]

I've only seen the Tarkin wave once, and that was the day it arrived at my store, gone withing 10 minutes of opening. That's not to say they haven't had a case or two come in on my off days, but we have two or three regular customers that come in at opening, anything new is gone, if it comes back out again, then it will usually last a little longer, but seeing as JEDIpartner has posted that the three from that wave the Tarkin wave that everyone is looking for, are packed just one per case, they will continue to be harder to find.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!