Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

It's Qui Gon's Fault

I was just watching TPM last night and this thought occured to me, and yes this has most likely been discussed in earlier threads/ posts but if you think about it, Vader is the result of Qui Gon Jinn and not Obi Wan Kenobi.

Think about it, Qui Gon insisted that the boy be trained that he is the chosen one, even after the rest of the council sided against Anakin's training. Because of this the fate of the galaxy was sealed and Palpatine's plan came into being. If Qui Gon had ignored the boy and never bought his freedom from Watto, Anakin would still be a slave and Vader would never be.

As far as Obi Wan fault's (as he states in ROTJ, "I thought I could instruct just as well as Yoda, I was wrong.") Obi Wan was only granting a dying Qui Gon's last wish that he train Anakin. And since Obi Wan became stubborn at the end of TPM (" Master Yoda, I gave Qui Gon my word, I will Anakin, without the council's approval if I must.") the fault later would fall upon Obi Wan feeling guilt that he as well do not listen to the council.

"Clouded this boy's future is" a message from Yoda that should have been taken more seriously perhaps. Could it have been that Yoda might have been the only member of the council that could see through the Dark Lord's plot?
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: It's Qui Gon's Fault

Ehhhhhhhh I'm not willing to go so far as to say that its all Qui Gon's fault. Yes he started things so a healthy chunk of the blame should be directed his way but I don't think he should get all of it. Obers should get some of the blame as well since he was training the boy, heck the council should get some of it as well for giving a newly minted Jedi knight a Padawan. Lets not forget about there was Palpers keeping on the down low trying to screw with things that didn't help.

Whatever happened to being held accountable for one's own decisions?
    It was Anakin that made the decision to turn to the dark side.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'll agree with you Rocketboy. He had the choice of following the advice of the Jedi Council and Obi Wan or listening to Palpatine. Saying it was all Qui Gon's fault is kind of like saying that Christopher Columbus was responsible for all of the European influence in western hemisphere since 1492.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

It's Qui-Gon's fault. If he hadn't picked up that little brat from Tatooine, none of this would have happened. Anakin would have remained a slave and Boonta Eve podracer champion and would never have joined the Jedi Order. As an adult, he likely would have become a mercenary or bounty hunter... a profession befitting his bad-natured character. And you wonder why Obi-Wan NEVER mentions him on the OT. Oh well, some things are just destined to happen I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II
    I'll agree with you Rocketboy. He had the choice of following the advice of the Jedi Council and Obi Wan or listening to Palpatine. Saying it was all Qui Gon's fault is kind of like saying that Christopher Columbus was responsible for all of the European influence in western hemisphere since 1492.
    Ohh I forgot all about Anners himself should take a chunk of the blame himself. Good one there Rogue Decue.

Meh, I blame Shmi Skywalker. She let her boy be taken away by a strange man whom she hardly knew, for all she knew he could have been a molestor. Oh wait, we have that in our world too, it's called single mothers shacking up with deadbeat pieces of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Meh, I blame Shmi Skywalker. She let her boy be taken away by a strange man whom she hardly knew, for all she knew he could have been a molestor. Oh wait, we have that in our world too, it's called single mothers shacking up with deadbeat pieces of trash.
    So what are you saying Caesar you don't belive in the "virgin birth" that is presented in TPM?

I blame Jira. Anakin knew he didn't have enough power to stop her bones from aching, so he was vulnerable to the Dark Side.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It may be his fault, but I wouldn't exactly call Qui-Gon a Deadbeat. I know Shmi was jiggy for him.