Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting day in my neighborhood

The following little incedent tied up traffic through the evening in my neighborhood. I live less than a mile from where this guy abondoned his car. When I drove past Rte. 83 around 8:15 this evening, it was still blocked off. I hope they get this guy before I have to go to work in the morning, as of this moment, he is still holed up in a house.

"Police hunt robbery suspect
    Daily Herald Staff Report
    Posted Thursday, August 25, 2005

Police with rifles drawn closed off parts of Villa Park and Elmhurst this afternoon as they searched for a suspect believed to be armed and wanted in connection with a bank robbery in LaGrange.

Authorities said the suspect shot at two LaGrange squad cars, striking both, as he fled from the area after holding up a Harris Bank with a long rifle, possibly an automatic weapon.

He fled in a white, four-door Cadillac sedan, police said, and was tracked into the Elmhurst-Villa Park area.

Squad cars from several area suburbs and the DuPage County sheriff’s department are gathered at the scene, south and west of the intersection of Route 83 and North Avenue.

The suspect was believed to have entered a home in the area, which authorities have surrounded.

Marcelle Bright/Daily Herald
    Northern Illinois Police Alarm System officers search Laidlaw buses near the area where a man barricaded himself in a Villa Park house after robbing the Harris Bank in LaGrange. Both the rail service and vehicular service were blocked in the area, near Villa Avenue and North Avenue in Villa Park.

Marcelle Bright/Daily Herald
    A police officer protects the area where a man barricaded himself in a Villa Park house.

A man who identified himself as Welby MD and assistant manager at a Bassett Furniture store near the scene said squad cars began to gather near the area at about 12:30 p.m.

MD said he saw several officers return to their squad cars and retrieve rifles and bullet-resistant vests.

“They literally ran back to their vehicles and grabbed their rifles and vests,” he said.

Police have closed off stretches of major thoroughfares, including Route 83 between North Avenue and St. Charles Road and North Avenue between Route 83 and Addison Road.

Authorities were seen searching a wooded area near the southwest corner of Route 83 and North Avenue.

Gerald McInerney, owner of Napa Auto Parts store on Villa Avenue in Villa Park, said employees told him they heard gunshots.

Authorities were advising people in the area to remain inside their homes or businesses."

Nice, and it also screwed up my deliveries, and slowed our business. I hope he puts himself out of his misery.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Re: Interesting day in my neighborhood

Very interesting, watch who you deliver too frett.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hopefully the police can shoot him before he does harm to anybody.

You know what Frett, they should fly in ZZ Top to play "La Grange", that would be cool.

They had the streets still blocked this morning, and finally figured that Rte 83 was not in danger so they reopened it this afternoon. As far as the latest news goes, he is still in the house, and he is an ex marine. Well, at least it will be easier to get around with my deliveries this evening.

You should file a law suit against him becuase he slowed down your deliveries and you couldnt make tips and such. It might work
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I can't, the guy shot himself to death, at least that is what they are saying. This all went down Friday evening, and the main roadways were cleared before rush hour.

Just imagine if that was your house and you had some guy holed up in there. Then he dies in the house as well, WOW! That certainly is an interesting day but for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    Just imagine if that was your house and you had some guy holed up in there. Then he dies in the house as well, WOW! That certainly is an interesting day but for all the wrong reasons.
    Hey, just as long as he doesn't violate any of my Star Wars collection. I could just see coming back to the house, and he has ripped open each and every last one of my carded figures, or decides to use the lego sets for target practice.

The guy did kill the family dog of the house he took over. The rest of the family escaped unharmed. It was directly across the street from a house that I deliver to. I guess the F.B.I. took over that house as a base.

That's awesome that the guy killed himself.

I just wish he would have done it sooner and not hurt the dog.

Yes, lus he really affected some of the business's in the area around there, especially those that were blocked off by the police. My son and I drove by the house where this all went down, and every window in the place was boarded up, and they had a hole in one of the boards, that looked like it was venting out, not sure if it was because of the concussion gernades and tear gas they used to try to get the guy to come out. Haven't heard how long the guy was dead for before the police found the body. More excitement then I would care to have for some time.