Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

That one guy from Color Me Badd - bad father but he'll sell you a wicked set of tires

TV Anchor Sues Former Color Me Badd Singer
    OKLAHOMA CITY - Bryan Abrams, a former singer with the 1990s boy band Color Me Badd, is being sued for $16,000 that his ex-wife alleges he owes in back child support.

Shon Gables, a news anchor for WCBS in New York City, filed the lawsuit and appeared in Oklahoma County District Court earlier this week with the singer's other ex-wife, Ashly Abrams.

The 35-year-old Abrams was one of the founding members of the Oklahoma-based quartet, whose debut album, "C.B.M.," sold more than 8 million copies. Their hits included "I Wanna Sex You Up" and "I Adore Mi Amor."

Gables estimates she has spent $10,000 trying to recover support owed by Abrams, who now works in an Oklahoma City tire store.

Ashly Abrams, a hairdresser, said she helped pay Bryan Abrams' legal fees against Gables until their own three-year marriage ended in 2003. The singer has played no role in the life of their 3-year-old daughter, Ashly Abrams alleges.

Bryan Abrams issued a statement claiming, "My ex-wife's allegations are simply that: 'allegations.' I prefer to tell my side of the story in court, where I am confident that God will see that truth prevails."

Abrams attorney, Floyd Taylor, told District Judge Allen J. Welch that his client didn't know about the child support agreement and is seeking to have it overturned.

Abrams' fiance, Kim Frazier, said he is working on a new recording to follow his 2001 solo album, "Welcome to Me."

Gables says Abrams long ago spent all the money he made during his Color Me Badd days: "He has nothing to show for it, except the ASCAP publishing he co-owns with other members of the group."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050826/...RrBHNlYwM3NjI-
    Not sure that I need to even comment on this, as the thread should write itself but come on now . . . dude, if you were in a huge boy band with little or no (non-fabricated) talent, why not squirrel away some of that money ?

And really, I'm not cracking on anybody who works for a tire store and makes an honest living for his or her family. But really, it's kind of funny that this guy goes from nothing to become a pop sensation, then blows his money and works for a tire store while working on his solo records all the while being a deadbeat dad.

The thing about a solo album is hilarious, not to mention his belief that God will see to it that the courts sort through it all properly.

Re: That one guy from Color Me Badd - bad father but he'll sell you a wicked set of t

"Oh, mommy, mommy. Can we get new tires put on the van by the guy from Color Me Badd?"
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Re: That one guy from Color Me Badd - bad father but he'll sell you a wicked set of t

Damn from a pop star to a tire sale man. LMAO. I guess he shouldnt have sexed her up and he wouldnt be in the situation.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sound advice, KH. Thou shalt not sex one up nor adore mi amore unless thou planst to be a father to any child who springs fro' doth loins.

LMAO, I couldnt think of the mi amore song. I knew there was another skywalker song
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I think my sister had their cassette tape. She was 15, I was 12 . . . I loved that song.

Re: That one guy from Color Me Badd - bad father but he'll sell you a wicked set of tires

Maybe this third marriage will finally work out for him.

Re: That one guy from Color Me Badd - bad father but he'll sell you a wicked set of tires

Caesar, I went to a concert at Jones Beach in the early 90's. They were there and C&C Music Factory and Bel-Biv-Devoe. :hides:

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Caesar, I went to a concert at Jones Beach in the early 90's. They were there and C&C Music Factory and Bel-Biv-Devoe. :hides:
    WOW! If that isn't a crusty lineup I don't know what is... actually the only thing crustier would be to see those three together now.

Man, that's pathetic. You think the royalties from "I Wanna Sex You Up" being in that one movie (New Jack City?) would be enough to keep the dude from working in a tire shop.

Nothing wrong with auto work, but it seems a step down from the #1 spot on TRL.
    Tommy, close your eyes.