Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Droids show no longer canon?

Aw, I'm makin' this crap up as I go along.

I do believe the OT & DROIDS cartoon to be canon rather than the awful prequel trilogy. However, A-Wing Fighters appeared DROIDS episodes, which is odd since that ship was considered state-of-the-art around the time of the Battle of Endor, many, many years later.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Actually, it was retro-explained that this was a prototype model that saw little usage, not the A-Wing itself, which was developed around the time of ESB.

Hey, I ain't making this up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"personal canon" is alright with me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Actually, it was retro-explained that this was a prototype model that saw little usage, not the A-Wing itself, which was developed around the time of ESB.

Hey, I ain't making this up.
    Now that you mention it, I recall reading that explanation about the A-Wing-like prototype in DROIDS too.

If you absolutely, positively must consider ROTS canon... Akin to what Chuxter said about the clerical error, maybe Antilles was a gambler who lost the droids in a Sabacc game shortly after Bail gave them to him.

So the cartoon series chronicles R2 & 3PO's major exploits as they plied the galaxy in the service of one master to the next after leaving Antilles. R2 & 3PO's masters and associates were often involved in anti-Imperial activities, which would likely draw the attention of the fledgling Rebel Alliance. So Captain Antilles, being official chauffeur of the Alderaan political opposition, learned of the whereabouts of his errant droid charges and was able to recover them again by the time of ANH.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I never considered the Droids cartoon to be canon. But they do make reference to it and some of the characters found in the official website, so maybe there is an effort to make it fit within the already established storyline. I like Ji'dais reasoning of Antilles losing the droids, it would help explain why he didnt move up the chain of command after 20 years, Bail was probably disappointed with him.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Wow, that's quite a write up Ji'dai. How do you know so much useless knowledge? I thought I knew alot but you've got me
    Hey! I just played the saga edition of SW: trivial pursuit and my buddy read all the questions off of 100 cards(600 questions) and I got 589 out of 600 only missing 11! That's gotta count for something!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]