Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concept Figures

Concept Figures

This was a thought I had about 5 years ago and actually tried making my own but had no luck. I was happy when we got the concept stromie and thought hopefully hasbro is on to something but now it's been almost two years and still no line

The thought was a deluxe two pack of figures based on the McQuarrie concept sketches. Each pack would contain a concept figure and the character as he or she appeared in the films. And since concept sketches were also used on the PT the idea can encompass all six films. Another plus would be that this could be a way for us to get new sculpts of the figures in possiblly different poses or outfits that have never been produced before.

Figures could be:

OT

Concept Female Luke Skywalker / Tatoonie Farm Boy Luke
    Concept Leia Organa / Rebel Medical Frigate Leia
    Concept Darth Vader / Darth Vader
    Concept Han Solo / Endor Raid Han Solo with soft goods trench coat
    Concept R2-D2 / Endor Bunker R2-D2 with Exploding action
    Concept Metropolis Style C-3PO / Jabba's Palace C-3PO
    Concept Stormtrooper / VOTC Stormtrooper (just because alot missed out)
    Concept Emperor Palpatine / Deluxe Emperor Palpatine with Throne
    Concept Semi Human Looking Yoda / Yoda
    Concept Rebel Fleet Trooper / New Sculpted Rebel Fleet Trooper

PT

Concept Obi Wan Kenobi Padawan / Obi Wan Kenobi Padawan
    Concept Padme Amidala / Naboo Fireplace Leather Outfir Padme
    Concept Qui Gon Jinn / Jedi master Qui Gon Jinn
    Concept Emperor Palpatine / ROTS duel with Yoda Palpatine
    Concept Sith Witch / Darth Maul with soft good cloak
    Concept Clone Trooper / Commander Cody or anyone for that matter
    Concept Anakin Skywalker / ROTS Sith Version of Anakin
    Concept Destroyer Droid / Ultimate Destroyer Droid that folds into wheel
    Concept Battle Droid / Ultimate Battle Droid that fold up

As with all these sets the figures would be super articulated and have all the accessories that are needed ie Tatoonie Farmboy Luke would come with a cloth poncho, stormtrooper belt, binoculers, floppy hat, rifle, stormtrooper rifle, T-16 Model, grappling hook, lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, Jedi training remote, blaster. The blister can be a two part picture with one half being the concept art and the other being a background scene from the movie.

As I said the figures would be all new sculpts, all new versions, NO REHASHES. I think if Hasbro put a pricetag of no more then $15.99 for these sets that they would sell well since they would be new figures and we would be getting two figures to boot. Since the current price of one is roughly $6.99, it's not a bad deal.

I am sure there are others characters and figures that could be made but at the current time that is all my brain could come up with.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: Concept Figures

I think that would be great. I know I personally would buy 2 of each, plus maybe a few more of the army builders

So far we've got:

Stormtrooper
    Qui-Gon
    Obi-Wan
    Darth Maul
    Cloud Car
    Airspeeder (Snowspeeder)
    Speeder Bike

C'mon, Hasbro, these guys need some company. How can you not make Concept Vader or Concept ROTS Ki-Adi-Mundi or a Sith Witch?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

El Chuxter what figures are you refering to that are concept? i know of the Stormie and the snowspeeder, cloud car and sppeder bike figures, but Maul, Jinn and Kenobi ?????? Never knew these were concept figures.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

i think he is refering too

Sith training Darth maul
    Snow-gear Obi
    and Training gear Qui gon
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

Actually, Jedi Training Obi-Wan. The three TPM figures came out around the same time in the POTJ line. They were based on concept art, but weren't actually called concept art figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have been wanting these figures ever since I got my Concept trooper. Its one of my favorites in my collection. It seems like a no brainer to make a Concept Vader and Luke. Bring it on Hasbro.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I'd definitely be down for some more concept figures. I really liked the Stormie and would kill for a Vader.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I've always wanted McQuarrie concept characters to have been made into figures, the Stormtrooper was great but Vader, Chewie, R2, and saber-wielding Han are also great concept characters that would make fantastic figures if done with the same care as the concept Stormie. And these lists show far more good ideas too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

When I saw this topic the figures that I immediately thought of are pictured below. I'd love to see a 2 pack of the Luke/Vader and the 3PO/R2 ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3PO and R2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	12148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luke and Vader.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	12149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chewie.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	12150  
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!