View Poll Results: Which of the new Battle Packs will you collect? Multiple choices allowed.

Voters
396. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jedi vs. Sith

171 43.18%
  • Jedi vs. Separatists

106 26.77%
  • Rebel vs. Empire

97 24.49%
  • Clone Attack on Coruscant

270 68.18%
  • Jedi Temple Assault

264 66.67%
  • Imperial Throne Room

114 28.79%
  • Assault on Hoth

149 37.63%
  • None of them

47 11.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Which of the new Battle Packs will you collect?

I will likely get them all... if I ever see them. Things get here so slowly that sometimes they go straight to clearance. We don't have Target or K-Mart, so those will have to wait... or I'll have someone hunt for me.

I really want the clone packs, but the overall look of the packaging is nice enough to warrant me picking them all up.
    Skeeziks22

The only one I have bought is the Hoth set. I have seen a few others, but they royally suck. I will buy 2-3 of the Temple and Coruscant sets if I find them.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I don't currently have any of them, but that's simply due to a lack of funds. I plan on getting these:
    *Jedi vs. Sith - I really like the look of Anakin and Asajj, and while the Obi-Wan kind of sucks it's okay for the time being.
    *Jedi Temple Assault - I can take or leave the Anakin, but I'd like another clone pilot for a gunship (if I ever find a gunship, that is) and those blue clones are killer, if not entirely accurate.
    *Clone Attack on Coruscant - Five clones in one go, and four of them are actually from the film; how could you pass this up?
    *Assault on Hoth - More snowtroopers is always a good thing, and I never got the AT-AT or probe droid so those other figures are welcome too.

The other sets are just dumb as hell, for the throne room they should've included the better ROTS guards, a VOTC stormie, a kitbashed Palpatine (a better one, at least), and a repainted dignitary to look like the other one in that hat.

Jedi vs Sith (already bought) - mainly for Ani and Assaj, and the Obi-Wan makes for some good custom fodder. You can make adecent General Obi out of him with a little effort.

Jedi Temple Assault - I'm on the fence about this one due to the missing paint details on the 501'st clones. I'm sure I'll buy it if I see it though, so I voted for it. Y'know.... sucker for clones just like the rest of you.

Coruscant attack - This one is the most appealing to me. I really hope I can find at least one at retail....

I've been putting off thinking about getting these simply because they won't show up in Canada, and there are way too many other things that I'm worrying about getting first (like basic figures past 47 for instance).

I only voted for the Temple Assault and Coruscant Attack because I know there are Clones in there that I want. Those are a given. But are the Anakin figures and the Blue Clones repacks (or I guess "prepacks", when talking about the blue Clones) of basic figures? If so, I don't need the pack. I know I don't need another Ani or Clone Pilot.

Does anyone feel like going over what, if anything is NEW, RESCLUPTED, REPAINTED and REPACKAGED in each of the 5 remaining sets? We're talking about 25 figures, so I know it's a big job - but any help with that would lead me to a better understanding of what I want.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The Jedi temple and Coruscant attack sets are must-haves for me. It's a toss-up for the Jedi vs. Sith set; I really want the Obi Wan and armor.

The others I can wait until clearance.

That seems to be the main consensus here, those are the only 2 sets that most voters are saying they gotta have, the rest have far lower numbers. Personally, I don't see it with that Jedi Temple Assault set, that Anakin is the same as ROTS #2, they didn't even give him a robe, it's an ugly figure; plus, the set comes with another Clone Pilot, a pegwarmer who wasn't in the scene and shouldn't be in the set.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I've been putting off thinking about getting these simply because they won't show up in Canada, and there are way too many other things that I'm worrying about getting first (like basic figures past 47 for instance).

I only voted for the Temple Assault and Coruscant Attack because I know there are Clones in there that I want. Those are a given. But are the Anakin figures and the Blue Clones repacks (or I guess "prepacks", when talking about the blue Clones) of basic figures? If so, I don't need the pack. I know I don't need another Ani or Clone Pilot.

Does anyone feel like going over what, if anything is NEW, RESCLUPTED, REPAINTED and REPACKAGED in each of the 5 remaining sets? We're talking about 25 figures, so I know it's a big job - but any help with that would lead me to a better understanding of what I want.
    When Tycho's been gone, I've picked up an even bigger habit for making lists than I had before. When he's up and running 100% I'm sure he'll take over again.

So, here ya go:
    Jedi vs. Sith
    *Anakin - NEW
    *Asajj - NEW
    *Obi-Wan - NEW
    *Yoda - from Chian 2-pack, 2003
    *General Grievous - Sneak Preview, 2005

Jedi vs. Separatists
    *Anakin - body from deluxe figure w/Geonosian Warrior, 2002; head from Tatooine Attack, 2002
    *Obi-Wan - body from Jedi Starfighter Pilot, 2002; head from Coruscant Chase, 2002
    *Mace - body from Geonosian Rescue, 2002; head from Arena Confrontation, 2003
    *Jango - Final Battle, 2002
    *Maul - Masters of the Dark Side, 2000 (reissued multiple times since)

Rebel vs. Empire
    *Luke - Thone Room Duel, 2003
    *Darth Vader - Throne Room Duel, 2003
    *Han - Endor Raid, 2002
    *Chewbacca - Wookiee Rage, 2005
    *Stormtrooper - Commtech, 1999 (reissued in HOF and OTC)

Clone Attack on Coruscant
    *Commander - blue-accented repaint of Commander Bacara (Quick-Draw Attack), 2005
    *Clone Troopers - gray-accented repaint of Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack), 2005

Jedi Temple Assault
    *Anakin - Lightsaber Attack, 2005
    *Clone Pilot - Firing Cannon, 2005 (white version)
    *Clone Troopers - blue-accented repaint of Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack), 2005

Imperial Throne Room
    *Palpatine - Firing Force Lightning, 2005
    *Dignitary - Janus Greejatus (Imperial Procession), 2003
    *Stormtrooper - Commtech, 1999 (reissued in HOF and OTC)
    *Royal Guards - Coruscant Security, 2002

Assault on Hoth
    *General Veers - AT-AT Commander from AT-AT, 1997
    *Snowtroopers - slight repaint of Snowtrooper 1997
    *Snowtrooper with Cannon - OTC (repaint of Saga figure), 2004
    *Probot - deluxe figure from 1997

Thanks, Mr.JabbaJohnL. Valuable post there. Doesn't much change what I want out of the Battlepacks, mind you, but knowing IS half the battle!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

So out of 7 Battle Packs with, if I recall correctly, 5 figures per we only get 3 new figures? And to top it off they're all in the same pack. The only thing that's gonna get me to buy these is my completism and the way these look in the packaging.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!