Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

September 2005: Monthly DVD Round-up!!

Another dry month for me. Doesn't happen to often that I buy this few DVD's but I think Sin City will be the only film I've purchased in a 3 month period.

I guess it might have something to do with the amount of quality movies this year. IMO at least 80% are crap and out of the remaining 20% only 5% are really worth owning while the rest are good for a rental at best.

The last quarter of this year is shaping up to be quite good though.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: September 2005: Monthly DVD Round-up!!

9/6 - probably nothing but I'd like to rent Crash and maybe rent that new edition of The Deer Hunter. Oh, and eventually I will get Doogie Howser Season 2 but not right away (I didn't plan on getting season 1 but couldn't pass it up dirt cheap for a used copy so I'll get this one . . . eventually).

9/13
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Da Ali G Show season 2

maybe Fever Pitch ? It wasn't the greatest but I like Jimmy and Drew, I don't know. I'll probably hold off and get it at discount.

9/20
    Mallrats Special Edition
    maybe The Longest Yard ?

9/27
    probably Robots
    Family Guy Stewie movie

9/6
    Crash - amazing movie

9/20
    Mallrats Special Edition

9/27
    Family Guy movie
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I didn't know HGTTG was coming out already. I may have to get it.

This counts more for August but I bought them in Sept.: Sahara and Blues Brothers 25th Anniversary.

Gonna project that sucker up on my wall tonight and groove...
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

You bought Sahara ? No wonder you are incapable of appreciating Hayden's performance in ROTS.

I buy tons of DVDs every week, although the only one I want on 9/6 is Lost Season 1. I don't think there is anything else worth bothering for. I'll rent Crash before I think about buying it.

9/13 - HGTTG widescreen, thats it

9/20 - Longest Yard, Mallrats, Mindhunters

9/27 - Robots, Stewie's Untold Story, Iron Giant Special Edition

Dry month for me. The only thing I'm certain of getting is the Family Guy movie on 9/27. The other two are up in the air for me: the Toy Story 10th Anniversary DVD on 9/6 and the Mallrats 10th Anniversary DVD on 9/20. I wonder if I should buy Toy Story, because I have Monster's Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles on DVD. Maybe I should complete my Pixar collection.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    You bought Sahara ? No wonder you are incapable of appreciating Hayden's performance in ROTS.
    Hey, Penelope Cruz could have played a more believable Ani than Hayden.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Definitely going to pick up Lost Season 1. I too will rent Crash before buying, already have it on the way from Netflix. Not sure if I should upgrade the Mallrats dvd that I already have. It is a great movie so I may upgrade if I have some extra money.

Well this doesn't actually come out until December but figured I'd post this news here since I remember people mentioning in last month's round-up that a better version of Sin City was immanent. Well here ya go, it sounds great and we're getting way more than I ever would have expected. Looks like I'll be double dipping on this title.

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...7667&n=1&burl=
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”