Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Prison Break Premiere

Anybody else catch this last night? It was a 2 hour premiere and it was awesome! What a great show! I was very impressed with the acting for all of them, especially the lead, Lincoln. It is a very well done show. Lot of copter angles and great writting. I can't wait for more.
    "I have you now."

Re: Prison Break Premiere

I like it!! I watched the two-hour premiere over the weekend and Monday night's episode before work on Tuesday. (I taped it). Very interesting.

Move over 24, I may have a new favorite show. I just hope the season wraps up like 24, and is not prolonged like LOST.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I have a sneaky feeling that the break will occur during the November or February sweeps, or before Lincoln's scheduled execution.

Since you're a Lost fan, mrmiller, you know, the entire first season occurred in about a month's time on the island?

I was just talking about how the season wraps up. Like on 24, the season ends the stoty arc, and you can watch the second season without seeing the previous one (maybe until this year). On LOST you pretty much have to be watching since day 1, and the season ended pretty much like any other episiode- open ended. The only fear I have of LOST is that they will drag it out too long.

As for Prison Break, I hear they already have a lot in the works for Season 2, involving those who escape. Looking promising, I just hate that it's on FOX as they have been known to cancel shows and never reveal the conclusion of a story arc. (Dark Angel, Harsh Realm, Firefly, the list could go on forever...)

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmiller
    I was just talking about how the season wraps up. Like on 24, the season ends the stoty arc, and you can watch the second season without seeing the previous one (maybe until this year). On LOST you pretty much have to be watching since day 1, and the season ended pretty much like any other episiode- open ended. The only fear I have of LOST is that they will drag it out too long.

As for Prison Break, I hear they already have a lot in the works for Season 2, involving those who escape. Looking promising, I just hate that it's on FOX as they have been known to cancel shows and never reveal the conclusion of a story arc. (Dark Angel, Harsh Realm, Firefly, the list could go on forever...)

=MATT=
    Add to that list of cancelled shows John Doe. It starred Dominic Purcell, who plays Lincoln in Prison Break. That show was cancelled on a season ending cliffhanger.

I am enjoying Prison Break so far. It will be interesting to see how things play out. I also enjoy Lost, and don't mind the season ending as it did, as long as I know it's coming back. I do agree that they shouldn't drag it out too long. Stephen King's article in last week's Entertainment Weekly says the same thing, that it should only last 3 or 4 seasons.

I liked John Doe. Fox doesn't give some of its shows much of a chance.

I could see Prison Break turning more into the Fugitive after they break out. The Secret Service hot on their trails, the boys trying to find pieces to clear Lincoln.

When I first saw the premise for the show I always figured it would take them at least 2 seasons before they actually got out of prison. I'm glad they're getting out in this season rather than just keep it dragging. I'm excited about the show so far. I just hope it doesn't take a turn for the worst.
    "I have you now."

I've enjoyed this show so far. Though I don't really think its anywhere near 24 quality. At least not yet.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I haven't seen the show yet but from looking at posts it looks like some people break out this season. So then what? Life goes on at the prison? How many times can they show people trying to break out but fail, or if somebody does get out do they continue with that? How many people can escape/get caught trying to escape from the same prison? Seems kinda iffy to me. But like I said I have yet to catch and episode so perhaps I should keep my mouth shut.