Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    While watching ROTS again the other night, a thought occured to me that I hadn't given much thought to before: When Obi-Wan pulls up on the Boga and Cody hands him the lightsaber... talk about impecable timing! If Obi-Wan had been just a couple of seconds later, Order 66 would have been executed and Cody would not have given it back! Wow! That was CLOSE!!!

    And talk about timing...

    It's pretty much a coincidence that Padme goes into labor and delivers the twins immediately after leaving Mustafar. Anakin chokes her and puts her in a coma and it induces labor??? How convenient. Seems to me they would have been preemies. It's also pretty amusing to watch her run to Anakin's arms when she's got two buns in the oven!

  2. #2

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave
    While watching ROTS again the other night, a thought occured to me that I hadn't given much thought to before: When Obi-Wan pulls up on the Boga and Cody hands him the lightsaber... talk about impecable timing! If Obi-Wan had been just a couple of seconds later, Order 66 would have been executed and Cody would not have given it back! Wow! That was CLOSE!!!
    In the Novel, Cody actually comments on that after Palplatine hangs up.

    something along the lines of "Couldn't you have told me before I gave him his blasted lightsaber back"
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

  3. #3

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Padme wasn't comatose. She was unconscious and injured. It induced premature labor.

    Last of the Jedi #2 addresses this somewhat, saying that she knew she was going to die but clung to life so that her children wouldn't die with her.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  4. #4

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra
    In the Novel, Cody actually comments on that after Palplatine hangs up.

    something along the lines of "Couldn't you have told me before I gave him his blasted lightsaber back"
    That's funny! Can you just picture Cody giving Emperor Palpatine a smart aleck response to a direct order? "Oh sure, now you tell me!" I'm surprised Sidious didn't just Force choke him over the hologram! "You have failed me for the last time, Cody!"

    Come to think of it, the Jedi should have some kind of security safeguard on their lightsabers that prevents it from being activated by anyone other than its owner... some kind of identi-Force activation imprint or something. That way Cody would not have been able to turn it on and use it against Kenobi or anyone else. Of course, if there were such a failsafe, Luke probably would not have been able to use his father's lightsaber unless it somehow recognized the same genetic midiclorians. Thoughts?

  5. #5

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Nor would Han, so Luke would've died on Hoth.

    Cody was wise enough to wait until the transmission ended to make his smart-aleck comment.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #6

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Good point!

  7. #7

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Those babies seemed to be a little big, especially for the tiny bump on her stomach . . . where was she keeping them, throughout her whole body, or what?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  8. #8

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Yeah its funny how made up stories tend to have the most curious timing. Funny how that works ehh?

  9. #9

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    Yeah its funny how made up stories tend to have the most curious timing. Funny how that works ehh?
    Yeah, I guess that is the way most fables and myths are written, I guess. Like in A New Hope, they just happen to rescue the Princess immediately after Tarkin orders her termination. I'm sure we could come up with a whole laundry list of plot contrivances, but then again, that's why these are fictitious stories. Even the stories of the Bible are pretty far fetched... Moses just happens to lead the slaves across the parting of the Red Sea just in time to swallow up the Roman army. Of course, literalists will argue that it was God's will. Who knows, maybe it was God's will that had a hand in helping Kenobi get his lightsaber back because he needed it to fulfill a destiny... or perhaps, there was a larger Force at work.

  10. #10

    Re: Commander Cody and Kenobi's Lightsaber

    Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave
    Even the stories of the Bible are pretty far fetched... Moses just happens to lead the slaves across the parting of the Red Sea just in time to swallow up the Roman army.
    Errr Egyptian Army.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO