Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Sequel Trilogy?

In the immortal words of Han Solo, "I have an Idea".

I was just discussing some of my pet peeves with EpIII and the PT as a whole in another thread when I realized that there is an outlet(and a much needed one) in EpIII that could allow for a sequel trilogy! There is also a very natural progession or course/guideline for the story to follow that gives creedence as to why EP 7,8,9 have to be created! Ya see, as I was arguing in the other thread, Amidala is the protaganist in TPM and the PT much as Luke was for ANH and the OT, and Obviously as Anakin is for the whole Saga! So you have the story of the Mother, the Son, and overall The Father, and the ST should be the story of the daughter! Ok big whoopie you all say we all knew thats what it would be about if it was ever done, however, my Idea is to have Padme survive EPIII in order to clarify some of the lingering questions 'caused by EpII and III's meddelings.
    She could be brought back to life simply by the literary tool already establised by her Handmaidens, 'Deception'. It was a handmaiden that was in the casket for all of Naboo to see! Amidala planned it all along with Bail Organa, not even entrusting the Jedi with this knowledge as why the Med droids confirm her death infront of them! Just as Ben lied to protect Luke from certain truths, Padme did as well to protect both children, from Vader and mainly the Emperor,but also protect Leia alone in case the Jedi failed in raising Luke as a Jedi! The Emperor falls for it with his admittence to Vader, "It seems that in your anger, you killed her".
    Fastforeward to Ep7-9, it is shown how Leia helps reestablish the Senate, and helps MonMothma become leader of their newly reformed Republic. She also helps Luke reestablish the Jedi Order by increasing her own Jedi skills! She and Han get married and have twins themselves. However their is a great disturbance in the Force and Master Lukes very soul is now tormented by a new but literal Phantom Menace(all of this much in keeping with the new novels and Dark Horse books)
    However, how all this can tie into the rest of the saga, is that Leia finally reveals to Luke the truth about their mother, she is alive! She has known ever since the battle of Endor, but withheld the truth, only telling him of her memories of her adoptive mother to keep him focused on saving Vader/Anakin! This would help flesh out Leia's line, "Somehow...I always knew", the somehow was her real Mothers help/assistance, on top of her Force abilities" Why lie about her existence to Luke? Same reason Ben told Luke to "bury your feelings deep" about Leia, except not that they could bemade to serve the Emperor, but instead Vader. If Vader knew Padme was still alive, he would do everything in his power to find her, including let Luke die at the hands of the Emperor! The Emperor would welcome that seeing as how Lukes' lack of vision, would mean the end of the Jedi Order once and for all, and he could maintain Vader as a pawn! However, Leia/Padmes deception has saved the Republic, but now Leia's admission to her brother only comes about because the disturbance Luke has felt; one that Leia has felt as well and has confirmed true, The Spirit of the Emperor has survived and Padme is now Missing. With Anakin now as there guide only together can Luke and Leia save there mother and bring finality to this otherwise swiss cheese of a story!

Obviously alot would need fleshing out, and I just threw stuff out there about the Emperor based on the new books to keep a threat involved in the storyline, but this is plausible, and would give Lucas another chance to finally get the story right! Whad'ya guys think? Anything important I over looked that could debunk this whole thing? Attack away!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Re: The Sequel Trilogy?

That Is The Dumbest Thing I Have Ever Heard!!!!!!!!!

think I have to agree

I like it better with Padme dead in the casket.

Do we really want to endure Natalie Portman being in another 3 movies?

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp
    No. The 'Xir appears to have watched one too many daytime soap operas.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp
    As long as they aren't more Star Wars movies, yes.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Closer part 2
    Mathilda: The Professional part 2
    and
    Garden State 2: Back to New Jersey

I could go for those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Closer part 2
    Mathilda: The Professional part 2
    and
    Garden State 2: Back to New Jersey

I could go for those 3.
    Closer 2: Yes, if Portman's body double signs on too.

The Professional 2: meh...no Leon = weak movie

Garden State 2: I liked the first one, but not sure I want to see the Scrubs dude in another movie. (He wrote and directed it, didn't he?)