Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The summer movie season's over-which movies did you see?

What did you like? Did you see any stinkers? Will you buy them on DVD when they come out? Well, here's what I saw since May.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    Obviously. Seriously, I thought it was great and thankfully most of the world seemed to think the same thing. Great way to end the saga. Will I buy it on DVD? Definitely.

Batman Begins
    One of my favorite movies this year. Great cast, and a damn good way to bring Bats back on the big screen. I hope they make a few sequels to this. Will I buy it on DVD? Yes.

War of the Worlds
    I liked it when I first saw it, but looking at it now, it was a below-average movie. The acting was stiff and the plot had many holes. Not even John Williams could save this movie. Will I buy it on DVD? Not likely.

Fantastic Four
    Not bad, but not great. The actors portraying the 4 did a pretty good job, especially Michael "The Thing" Chiklis. But Julian McMahon, who played Dr. Doom, did an awful job, IMO. He was a laughable villaiin but at least he didn't deliver bad puns like Arnold Schwarzenegger did as Mr. Freeze. Overall, it was a decent movie. Will I buy it on DVD? I might rent it.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    One of the better movies I saw this summer. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are geniuses. I love it when they work together. Johnny Depp did a brilliant job as Willy Wonka, and the child actors could actually act. I had a lot of fun watching this. Will I buy it on DVD? It's possible.

Wedding Crashers
    One of the funniest, if not, the funniest movie I saw this summer. I love the "frat pack" movies like Wedding Crashers and Old School. Vince Vaughn deserves an Oscar for the dinner table scene. Will I buy it on DVD? Most likely.

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
    I was dragged to see this by my friends. It pretty much sucked. There was only a few parts I laughed at, and the rest just grossed the hell out of me. Will I buy it on DVD? Hell no.

The 40 Year Old Virgin
    Oh, this one had me cracking up. I'm a fan of Steve Carrell and he was hilarious in this. The supporting cast was great too. I enjoyed this one a lot. The ending was kind of weird, though. Will I buy it on DVD? Don't know.

Just eight different movies. My usual summer movie average. But there are a few more movies coming out this year that I'm looking forward to, like Corpse Bride, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Domino, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and King Kong.

[FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Re: The summer movie season's over-which movies did you see?

I only saw three this summer, but I saw one of them six times. Guess which one?

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - What else is left to say about this one? Just perfect. Of course I'll get the DVD.

The Longest Yard - I thought it was pretty funny. It definitely wasn't the funniest movie I've ever seen, but it had some good bits. I'm an Adam Sandler fan, but he was pretty much the straight man in this one. I doubt I'll buy it on DVD, maybe someday.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - A really great movie. I liked it a lot. A definite DVD buy.

I too am looking forward to this fall's offerings (especially Harry Potter). I don't think that this summer was a very good one for movies, that's why I only saw three of them.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I saw Episode III
    War of the Worlds
    Fantastic Four
    Wedding Crashers
    Brothers Grimm
    The Longest Yard

There are no doubt some others that I'm forgetting in here too.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Jeez, The Longest Yard wasn't that good, Mr.JJL.

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith - Favorite of the summer, of course. Definite buy.
    The 40-Year-Old Virgin - Best comdey of the summer. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Probably buy.
    Batman Begins - Best Batflick yet. Buy.
    Crash - Didn't expect much from it, but I was blown away. Very powerful movie. It came out on DVD today and I'll probably pick it up by Friday.
    Fantastic Four - Much better than expected. YEah, a bit campy at times, but it was fun. Buy.
    Sin City - Best comic movie of the year. Outstanding visuals. Already have.
    The Dukes of Hazzard - A thin version of the show, but fun anyway. May buy.
    The Longest Yard - Another movie that was better than I expected. May buy.
    War of the Worlds - Like G_G said, I liked it at first, but I have no desire to see it again. Won't buy.
    Wedding Crashers - Worse than expected. Most of the funniest parts were in the trailers. And it had the longest musical motage I think I've ever seen. Won't buy.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

What did I see... let's see...

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith I heard this one would be kinda interesting, so I caught it once... okay more than once... five times, that was it.

Batman Begins Enjoyed this one quite a bit. Actually funnier than I expected, at times.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Laughed the hardest at this one (especially the Puppet Burn Ward and Store of Flags scenes).

Deuce Ugh-alow: Wasted Celuliod Went with my father, so I considered it good time together, but the film! Awful...

Stealth Had low expectations going in, but it was actually pretty good, if not cliche' full.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I only went to see one film this year and man, did it suck:

The last movie I went to see at the theatre prior to ROTS was Hellboy
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    I only went to see one film this year and man, did it suck:

You and me both, Ji'dai, though I think your assessment is a little harsher than mine.

Now that the summer's over all the flicks are hitting the $1 theater. My kind of tightwad action.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Only one movie and that is: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    Watched it three times at the theatre, just not enough time in a work week to go see a movie these days. Wanted to see Batman Begins and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but NO TIME, and I'm tired..........
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Batman Begins
    Star Wars Episode III
    Charlie and the Choclate Factory
    War of the Worlds
    Devils Rejects

and now i got Corpse Bride to look forward to.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

SW:Ep3:ROTS - didn't care for it.

Batman Begins - awesome, definitely worth it.

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - ok, not great, didn't exactly work for me, pacing issues.

Nothing else really appealed to me, though I did want to see Sin City and missed out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.