Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where's the promise of ALL the Kenner line figures?

I, like many on here for years, KNOW that Hasbro has promised over the years to remake all the original 3 3/4" figures from the Kenner line(Ewoks and Droids cartoon figures aside). I for one, and I know I'm not alone, would like to see Hasbro finally get on a stick these next 2 years and PROMISE and then DELIVER the final Ewoks, Bespin Guards, and others we still need to be updated.
    2006 would be a great year to start, and since 2007 is the 30th anniversary and since their is not TOO many more to go, it should be finished then.
    Make the unmade in the new line figures, make the single carded figures we still have but not ON a single card (A-wing pilot for example), and finish it.
    And make the Cloud Car while you're at it.

Re: Where's the promise of ALL the Kenner line figures?

I'm in no hurry, I don't even have enough money to keep up with everything they are putting out now.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Don't forget R5-D4!

Don't forget a REAL General Veers not the cheesy POTF2 AT-AT commander called General Veers. Discraceful.

The only ones I can think of that they haven't made are the black Bespin Guard and several of the Ewoks. I'm not gonna complain only because they've given us SO much more than what the original Kenner line did.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yeah, like the gems that are Cold Wather Kenobi, Apprentice Darth Maul, Snoova Disguise Chewie, and Mara Jade, among others...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Yeah, like the gems that are Cold Wather Kenobi, Apprentice Darth Maul, Snoova Disguise Chewie, and Mara Jade, among others...
    Cold weather Obi and apprentice Maul are good figures. Not in the films but nevertheless a lot of effort went into their detail and paint. I don't mind that we have these figures. I suppose your point is that after 10 years we still don't have all the vintage figures redone and yet Hasbro is finding the time, money and manpower to put out these non-film figures. Fair enough.

I think Slicker made the good point that we have a lot of figures Kenner probably wouldn't have dreamed of making back in the 80s. Cantina figures, Jabbas palace figures, droids, even some core character outfits (I didn't even notice Han wore a stormtrooper belt during the escape from the death star till the POTJ figure - and there was never a vintage Bespin escape Leia to my knowledge)

In the same vein of getting all the Kenner figures, didn't the GH swami say that in 2006 we'd be getting all 96 vintage figures re-done on VOTC cards? I wonder if they misinterpreted that as the Saga 2 line, or if that's still a go? I kind of hope not, I mean, I don't really need a $10 super poseable power droid or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    In the same vein of getting all the Kenner figures, didn't the GH swami say that in 2006 we'd be getting all 96 vintage figures re-done on VOTC cards? I wonder if they misinterpreted that as the Saga 2 line, or if that's still a go? I kind of hope not, I mean, I don't really need a $10 super poseable power droid or something like that.
    If the power droid came with the power couplers on their head, I'd be happy to pay 10 bucks for it.

Speaking of the Swami, where the hell is he? By now we should know whats coming in the next 4-6 months. Could it be that

#1 Hasbro doesn't even know.
    #2 There really isn't anything after the Han in Carb wave
    #3 Hasbro is trying a new tactic and now telling us.
    #4 The up coming figures are soooo cool, Hasbro wants to surprise us!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I want the vintage Imperial Dignitary done and it would be nice if the finally gave us Yarna Da'l Gargan since she was supposed to be released in the vintage line.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."