Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: House, M.D.

Originally the network didn't mind that House WAS the villain, I guess now that the show is popular that's somehow changed. House is the villain to the characters, and the diseases are the villains to the plots.

As for scientific method, it seems a lot of professionals are losing their grasp on it, switching instead to playing the percentages. Auto repair is a good example of the problem, it's just "spend $400 to fix what likely will be the problem" instead of "we'll track down what the problem through the observation of evidence and application of reason, starting from the most simple and likely explanation and then moving outwards", and why do they do that? Because the demands on their time have become more expensive than what they are fixing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Yes, the drug they give you usually makes you feel better, but they only go with the alternative if you get worse.
    as a trained autonomoton i may have the wrong idea. but my goal has always been to make my patient better. if my initial therapy works, i don't need to investigate an alternative unless my patient gets worse. and no i'm not involved in research because i have no interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The recent story arc with the cop is a little hard to take, if it pays off well then it'll be worth it but I get the feeling it's not going to be satisfying.
    Was it satisfying for ya JT?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

In a way, it was a "huh?" deal, but after I thought more about it, it fit. House gets some of what he deserves and gets out of some of it, too. That's what's been going on in recent episodes, so it's consistent, if not frustrating. But I kind of liked how they "ended" the arc (it can still reappear quite easily).
    "That's what Sheev said."

I thought the same thing Bel-Cam. David Morse did an outstanding job btw, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes another appearance in the future.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Was it satisfying for ya JT?
    I was glad it was over, but the payoff wasn't realistic, they were filing only certain charges and the DA had other charges they were still filing prior. That said, it was a fairly good ending.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think its a great show. So does the wife.

so.. for Christmas as a surprise I scored a autograph from Huge L.

twas very cool. couldnt believe he got it back to me a week before Christmas too! total f'n bonus... being I wrote to him the 1st week of November. ..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

That's awesome Tonysmo!

I thought tonights episode was really good. I like how they kinda switched it up. Ended up being a pretty emotional and powerful episode. The girl that played the rape victim did an outstanding job too.

Oh and congrats to Hugh Laurie for winning both the Golden Globe and the SAG award. Very much deserved IMO.

Yeah, that was a pretty good episode, and it was all character-based this time rather than being about a big twist mystery at the end. I think they did a great job showing House's humanity here, and she really had to pry it out of him. And you're right, she did a great job with that part. Cameron's story didn't do very much but it was an interesting statement.

Eve, our "patient" in the main storyline, did anybody else think she seemed a lot like Scarlett Johansson both in look and in acting?

How do you get athlete's foot of the nose?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Eve, our "patient" in the main storyline, did anybody else think she seemed a lot like Scarlett Johansson both in look and in acting?
    I thought the same thing JT. I'm a pretty big fan of Scarlett, and Eve, played by Katheryn Winnick, reminded me of her in many ways. I was really surprised when I IMDB'd Winnick to see what all she'd had been in as it was quite a bit of stuff. I also found this tidbit about Winnick to be very interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by IMDB
    She currently holds a third-degree Black Belt in tae kwan do, a second-degree Black Belt in karate and is a licensed bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    How do you get athlete's foot of the nose?
    Extreme foot fetish I'd asume.