Pride Displays Action Figure Display Diorama

Has anybody bought one of these? When I first heard about them, I was interested in getting one. Then I saw how much they were so I didn't pre-order. When they finally became available, I changed my mind and ordered one.

The set incorporates elements from two vintage playsets - Creature Cantina and Land of the Jawas. It comes with 50 action figure stands that each have a peg for modern and a peg for vintage figures. They are more oval shaped and don't take up as much space as the round Real Stands. The backdrop is very thick cardboard that has a Jawa sandcrawler scene on one side and TIE fighter shooting at X-Wing on the other side. The packaging is vintage style.

Overall, it's a pretty nice set. Probably not worth the $70 though, but still something neat to display figures on.

Re: Pride Displays Action Figure Display Diorama

I was tempted, but I had already built some custom display cabinets so I didn't order one. Too bad about the cardboard backdrop though. They can make it as thick and heavy duty as they want but cardboard is still no substitute for plastic.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Re: Pride Displays Action Figure Display Diorama

I passed when I saw the price tag. They look cool and would be great for a setup but not for that much $.

Now, Pride Displays is apparently working on a Display Cabinite, which I'm interested in getting. I saw the mock-up at Celebration III, and it didnt look too bad. I'm curious to see what its going to turn out like.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I had heard that they were supposed to be coming out with more of these so I tried looking up some info. I typed in www.pridedisplays.com, but that redirected me to www.opentasks.org. They had pictures of diorama displays for ROTS and ROTJ. I clicked on the buy now links, but it just said "available for pre-order soon". From what I can see, I think they look a bit better than the ANH one. However, since the only thing on the site that did seem availabe to order was the cabinet, I wonder if these displays will actually be released. The link to order the action figure stands also said "available soon". The entire site seems a bit uncompleted.

I like them better than the New Hope one but I really wish they would do just one theme instead of trying to merge a few different planets together. That being said I may pick up the ROTS one. Aside from the lava at the from it would make a good set up for a diorama. Seeing as how Hasbro won't do carp for playsets this will be my only shot at get something even close.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Only one I like the look of is the Palpatines office one but even then i wouldn't buy it at those prices. It's like one piece of pre-formed plastic with minimal paint applications and a cardboard backer. hardly worth the money imo.

the individual figure stands on the other hand look alright. Could still do with more choice though. the figures in flight stand could have a variant for figures that have a hole in their back like AOTC Watto.

The dioramas and stands are an excellent idea but whenever anyone comes up with stuff like this it always falls short. Not enough thought goes into it. Especially when making star wars stuff. Look at those diorama things and look how much of an afterthought locations like Utapau and Endor are. A small corner of the stand and you're supposed to fit the mass of figures from those locations on there? Should be a whole stand for each location. Otherwise it seems half arsed and lame.

At least on the ROTS one you can have it all Palp's office and the ROTJ one can be all Jabba's palace. The ANH one you were stuck with half cantina half desert. The cardboard on the ANH one I got is kind of thick and not a thin flimsy piece. Based on how much they are charging for the stands, the fact that the diorama set comes with 50 of them certainly adds to the value.

Still, I see what you are saying about the additional locations. They do seem to be an afterthought to the diorama, or at least a futile attempt to try to add something more to the diorama. Since it is hardly useful to have just a small corner for them, they could have just not included them at all and maybe cut the cost a bit, or put a little more into the existing scene.

That ROTS one looks pretty great. The other ones are pretty cool, but overall kinda "meh."
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I got the first one of these. It was very over-priced, but is a nicely set-up throwback to vintage days.

I like the ROTS one and the ROTJ one isn't that bad either. Anyone know whta sort of price range these would command and any sort of release date?
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic
    I got the first one of these. It was very over-priced, but is a nicely set-up throwback to vintage days.

I like the ROTS one and the ROTJ one isn't that bad either. Anyone know whta sort of price range these would command and any sort of release date?
    I imagine they would probably be about the same as the first one. I paid $69.99 plus $9.45 shipping for that one through Entertainment Earth. I see they still have it there for $59.99 now. No idea on a release date for the new one. It seems as if this might be a UK company.