Talking Golden Girls- The Official Thread

This is a thread dedicated to one of thbest shows of all time!!!!! The Golden Girls!!!!! I have to ask Caeser though I can't remember was Estelle Getty on the show the rest of the time after she arrived. I don't believe she was there from the very start. But she certainly stole the show. The best moment that I can remember was when Blanche comes into the kitchen and says she needs a new bed because it is "all worn out". At that very moment Dorothy sticks a cookie in her mom's mouth to prevent her from saying a word. Classic!! Because I could see it coming. We should petition a Ackmena figure to be released right away!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: Golden Girls- The Official Thread

"Madge"??? You mean "Blanche"!!! LOL

Estelle Getty, as Sophia, was there from the very beginning. She was SO good in the pilot that they ended up dumping Coco, the gay Latino housekeeper.

Considering Dorothy was the "ugly" one, she certainly got her share of marriage proposals!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Indeed, she even married Leslie Nielson in the series finale . . . then they did The Golden Palace, a spinoff sans Bea Arthur with the other 3 Beauties running a beach hotel and last year Lifetime started running those episodes too. But I believe TGP only lasted one season. Bad idea there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    sans Bea Arthur
    That's where they went wrong moving forward without her. She's hilarious. Did you see her on the roast of Pamela Anderson?
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

Quote Originally Posted by trandoshan666
    That's where they went wrong moving forward without her. She's hilarious. Did you see her on the roast of Pamela Anderson?
    No, but there was a great joke at her expense (and a close-up of her reaction) at the roast of Jerry Stiller a few years ago.

I can't even start to repeat it here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A young Quentin Tarantino made his tv acting debut on the Golden Girls in an epsiode called Sophia's Wedding: Part 1. His role? "Elvis Impersonator"