Unleashed Qui-Gon Jinn

I have waited years for Hasbro to make a Qui-Gon Unleashed. With the line in limbo currentley it's hard to say if they ever will make one. So I made one for myself.

The recipe for this is:
    Body-ROTS Anakin
    Head-ROTS Obi-Wan
    Hair-Helms Deep Legolas
    Right Arm-ROTS Obi-Wan
    Green Saber blade is from the AOTC Anakin Unleashed

First I removed Anakins head and cut off his right arm.(It's ok, he didn't feel it. It's the mechanical one!)
    In order to get the Obi-Wan right arm and the Anakin left arm to allign properly to hold the saber I had to cut each hand off at the wrist and do some adjusting. Once I had them alligned, I pulled the pin part out of 2 thumb tacks and heated them up and shoved them into the "stump" of each forearm. Then I heated the exposed end and poked his new hands on. Then I did the same for the new right arm. I then covered the cut lines with sculpey and formed the right hand tunic sleeve into a flare matching the left sleeve.

Then I baked him for 10 minutes to cure the sculpey. When I took him out of the oven he was very soft, so I wrapped his legs in a washcloth and put him in my bench vice so I could set the legs in a less spread stance. This makes the figure stand more upright.

For the head I cut off all of Obi-Wans hair. Cut a bit off the bridge of the nose and trimmed his chin, cutting off most of his beard and all of his moustashe.

Next I scalped a HD Legolas. I used my dremel to trim Obi's head so the Legolas hair would set down seamlessly and glued it in place. I dremmeled off some of Obi's cheeks, repainted the face, beard and moustashe. Then I glued the head into place. Oh and I repainted the hair.

Repainted the tunic and roughed up the arms and painted to make Qui-Gons sleeves from his undershirt. I painted the cuff area brown to have a break line between the tan tunic and the fleshtone hands. Not completely accurite but it makes it look better.

Added the green blade from the AOTC Anakin spare hand.

Check out the pics and let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ulquigon6.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	12244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ulquigon1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	12245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ulquigon7.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	12246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ulquigon8.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	12247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ulquigon9.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	12248  

The Mausoleum
    An open and free collectors network for all lines!
    Custom contest with lots of prizes!

Re: Unleashed Qui-Gon Jinn

Nicely done, why cant Hasbro make that? Whats that? They canceled the line? Morons.....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That's pretty sweet Jimli. I like how you used easily attainable figs to make it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    That's pretty sweet Jimli. I like how you used easily attainable figs to make it.
    I figure I should do my part to rid the shelves of pegwarmers!

What made it extra nice was that I picked up both the Anakin and Obi-Wan that I used for $5.00 on clearance at Wal-Mart!

Thanks for all the kind words everybody!

Next up for me is an Unleashed Padawan Obi-Wan from TPM!
    The Mausoleum

Nice job on the Qui-Gon figure. I especially like how you posed him up against the Unleashed Darth Maul. Keep up the good work and be sure to post your Padawan Obi.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

That is fraking AWESOME!!!!! If only Hasbro were as smart as you!

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave
    That is fraking AWESOME!!!!! If only Hasbro were as smart as you!
    Thanks! I think Hasbro is pretty smart on most things but the way they've treated the Unleashed line really boggles the mind.
    The Mausoleum

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Nice job on the Qui-Gon figure. I especially like how you posed him up against the Unleashed Darth Maul. Keep up the good work and be sure to post your Padawan Obi.
    Padawan Obi is almost done! I just have some work to do on the legs. I will post pictures as soon as he is complete.
    The Mausoleum

nice work DarthJimli!! thanks for sharing the recipe too. i just might've found a use for the many legolas resculpts i have.