View Poll Results: Which new basic figure repaints will you get? (multiple choice poll)

Voters
402. You may not vote on this poll
  • #57 Commander Bly (Battle Gear)

325 80.85%
  • #58 Wookiee Commando (Kashyyyk Battle Bash!)

163 40.55%
  • #59 Commander Gree (Battle Gear)

322 80.10%
  • #60 Grievous' Bodyguard (Battle Attack!)

167 41.54%
  • #61 Passel Argente (Separatist)

180 44.78%
  • #62 Cat Miin (Separatist)

183 45.52%
  • #63 Neimoidian Commander (Separatist Bodyguard)

162 40.30%
  • None of them

47 11.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Which of the new basic figure repaints (#57-63) will you get?

As Hasbro stretches the ROTS line to fill the gap between it and the upcoming Saga2 line, they've fallen back on a tried-and-true method for stretching a line: repaints. Repaints use existing molds with new paintjobs to create a new character, or at least an intentional variant of that character, which you almost certainly already know; the rationale behind repaints has been Hasbro's bread and butter for nearly half a decade - carrying them into the number 2 toymaker slot - ever since their first GI Joe action figure in the '60s where they could recycle the GI Joe body over and over again by just including new clothes and accessories and maybe a new hair color... Hasbro famously carried on this tradition with 2 of the most popular '80s lines, GI Joe: A Real American Hero (the first wave of which has nearly every single figure sharing body parts in new paintjobs) and Transformers (in the first 2 waves especially, a figure could be repainted 2 or 3 times with success).

With the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith line, the originally-announced 56 figures were simply not enough to satiate collectors, who can be fickle when they go months at a time without new SW toys to collect. However, unlike the previous repainted figures in the line, these newest repaints are being given new figure numbers making them totally different figures rather than variants, a tactic which can be very tempting to collectors who might pass on a Clone Commander that's merely been repainted green but would think twice about doing so with a new character such as Commander Bly.

Here's a recap of ROTS figures $57-63, with links to images of each:So which of this newest, all-repaint wave of figures are you planning to collect?

(This is a multiple-choice poll, so make sure to tick the box next to each figure you plan on getting.)

Re: Which of the new basic figure repaints (#57-63) will you get?

I'll be honest, this wave pretty much blows - I'll dig Commander Gree but the rest are pretty awful -even Bly is pretty crappy in comparison to how accurate he looks.
    Real men buy Willrow

I almost voted none but since I don't have Argente I'll probably grab that one when I see it.

I see you didn't include the holo figures or the Astromech...I'll probably get those in addition to the clones. The wookiees are embarrassing...can we get one in lederhosen too?
    I also checked the Grevious Bodyguard simply because the coloring (cape & all) looks more "movie-accurate" than the first version.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear
    I see you didn't include the holo figures or the Astromech...I'll probably get those in addition to the clones. The wookiees are embarrassing...can we get one in lederhosen too?
    I also checked the Grevious Bodyguard simply because the coloring (cape & all) looks more "movie-accurate" than the first version.
    I heard those are not in the newest wave, but the wave AFTER that, #64-68, so I didn't include them with this poll. Plus, the polls only go up to 10 options, but we'd need 13 with all 12 repaints AND a "none" option listed.

I chose "none" because there's nothing here that excites me at all. I was a little tempted on the black Wookiee and the white Grievous Bodyguard, but I already own 2 of the original Bodyguard and it's disappointing as a figure, and the Wookiee I own 2 of (one of each of the original colors) and that's enough for me. The rest do nothing at all for me, I am totally Cloned out, separatists don't interest me, and do we really need another Neimoidian guard when the original is the worst pegwarmer in the line?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I picked one of each seeing as I have this terrible habit of not being able to go without having them all. I will only buy one of each of them, seeing as none of them stand out IMO. Another thing one must consider is how hard will it be to find these. I see folks here on SSG who still do not have some of the earlier figures.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I heard those are not in the newest wave, but the wave AFTER that, #64-68, so I didn't include them with this poll. Plus, the polls only go up to 10 options, but we'd need 13 with all 12 repaints AND a "none" option listed....

I
    As Ed McMahon would say while keeping that couch warm..."You are correct sir!"

Yeah, it is hard to get excited about ANYof these but....

And the bigger issue is...by buying any of these are we encouraging Hasbro to crank out even MORE of this sort of thing? I'm all for a company saving a buck here and there but it's looking like this line is going out on a (recycled) whimper. First these lame rehashes and the current "battle packs" that are total rehashes.
    Word is filtering around that next year will contain even more rehases ala the OTC line. It's gonna by easy to ween myself away from collecting SW at this rate...

You know, when I saw the poll I cringed. I am one of those silly completist collectors and who'll buy one to have carded and one to have loose. I really hate that Hasbro is going the "cheap" way out and keeping the same sculpts with repainted color schemes. But yet, I blame myself for buying them!

Why can't Hasbro make different characters instead? I'm sure they'll make other characters sooner or later, but we could do without too many repaints, I think.

As for the entire final 12, I am going to get 8 of the figures

Gree
    Bly
    Cat Miin
    Passel
    R4-P17
    Blue Clone(a few of them)
    The two Holo figures

I am not going to get the Neo warriors or the Wookie Warriors or Grievous' Guards. IF I want those, there area plenty already warming the pegs.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I will be getting them all. While I would prefer all new all perfect molds every time, I know this isn't going to happen. Each figure on its own is not too bad to me. Far better than some disappoints before like clone trooper armor Obi, and well most molds involving major characters. The thing that makes these figures more disappointing is that its 12 back to back. They will all be decent additions to my dioramas filling out my wookies with more variants, Cat and Passel to get slaughtered with the Nemodian and his commander, etc.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22