Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lay Holiday Vader to Rest

Please Hasbro is you have any respect for the Star Wars Community is general you will destroy the prototype of the Holiday Vader and redo it. This has to be the biggest piece of crap you have ever invented.
    Look to the cover of the comic Return of the Jedi weekly and make the vader that appears on the cover, not the disturbing Carrie inspired hunk of blood red plastic that is in prototype stage.
    What were you thinking ???? Every other holiday figure had some sort of holiday tie in like, Santa Yoda and Threepio. Reindeer R2-D2, and the gift giving Jawa's. Not one of these figures decided to bathe in blood and call it a holiday outfit.
    Do not kill a great idea with that piece of crap.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: Lay Holiday Vader to Rest

I second that. Lava Vader was a joke as well. All of these repaints are just a cheap way for Hasbro to make more money with little to no effort. I'm not buying that crap. Frankly, I'm losing interest in collecting period.

OK, for $15 smackers at least choose a good looking vader...like anyone of the OTC vaders.

That red is so Crimsony that I was to say YO JOE!
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Ditto what they said. Scrap the idea and make a new one. Or re-issue the 3po and R2 for those who never got them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

this sucker only ordered one this time(wish i would have waited to order the clones so i could combine shippin). i got the first 3 so i felt like i needed it. my daugter(12) will dig it. she loves the other 3. also ordered the remote r2 to play with. enough exclusives though. just make more ewoks & droids.

Hasbro, with every new exclusive, you make it easier to not be a completist.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Guess I'm in the minority of folks who are looking forward to getting this. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Guess I'm in the minority of folks who are looking forward to getting this. Meh.
    That makes you eligible for all kinds of scholarships and preferential treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    That makes you eligible for all kinds of scholarships and preferential treatment!
    Good thing you have a President who opposes such ideas, then.

I don't know, the Vader by itself looks kind of goofy, but that goes for about 75% of Hasbro's offerings in the first place. Soooooooo when you put that average red Vader on a wicked cool card like that, I'd say it's shaping up to be a nice Holiday Exclusive #4. Definitely my least favorite of the bunch but I still like it. Oh well.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 09-14-2005 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I don't know, the Vader by itself looks kind of goofy, but that goes for about 75% of Hasbro's offerings in the first place. Soooooooo when you put that average red Vader on a wicked cool card like that, I'd say it's shaping up to be a nice Holiday Exclusive #4. Definitely my least favorite of the bunch but I still like it. Oh well.
    That background is it's saving grace, IMO, but I must agree with the majority and ask Hasbro what they were thinking, especially with the color.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!