Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seldom thought of Dioramas

What are some seldom thought of dioramas that would make for very cool scenes?

I have always thought of doing an award ceremony scene where i would use all vintage figures and have Hoth troopers, Hoth commanders, & Rebel pilots
    amassed like in the movie. I myself couldn't do it with modern figures because I don't have nearly enough to do this scene in terms of troopers, etc.

Other good ideas would be:
    -Clones amassed like at the end of Ep2
    -Yoda vs Dooku duel scene
    -Mynock hunt scene

Re: Seldom thought of Dioramas

Other than Hellyboy's Emperor's Arrival, I haven't seen too many dioramas lately. I think 2 scenes that may be overlooked are the Rebel briefings in ANH and ROTJ prior to the Death Star Attacks. The Mynock scene would be up there too, and there isn't much to it.

Once I attempted the scene when Chewbacca finds C-3PO in the junk pile, but it wasn't all that great. I used the conveyor belt from the ATOC Deluxe C-3PO, a custom IG droid, a couple ugnaughts, Chewbacca, and some misc. parts/accessories for the junk.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II
    Once I attempted the scene when Chewbacca finds C-3PO in the junk pile, but it wasn't all that great. I used the conveyor belt from the ATOC Deluxe C-3PO, a custom IG droid, a couple ugnaughts, Chewbacca, and some misc. parts/accessories for the junk.
    I've got exactly that at the moment. I've extended the conveyer belt with 2 bases from the Saga droid factory Padme. I've got an upside down standard Saga figure stand acting as a tray for 3PO's remains (from saga bespin Chewie), 3 ugnaughts playing piggy in the middle using 3PO's head and a frustrated Saga Chewbacca, 3PO's torso under one arm, wailing and cursing the ugnaughts. I've got a spare IG-88 sitting against the wall, and various bits (like the engine piece from Teemto pagalies) as junk on the conveyer. I think it looks great, one of my preferred mini-dioramas. If Hasbro ever make that sandcrawler droid - can never remember what its called - that runs on treads and has multiple arms and apparatus sticking up I'll be getting 3 - one for the purchase of the droids scene, one for echo base and one for this cloud city scene. Its probably the most 'obscure' scene I've got running.

And I've also got a ROTJ briefing scene going using an old upside-down hubcap from my brothers last car as the 'setting'. I'm using the endor planet globe from the ewok 'complete galaxy' series to represent the Hologram of the endor moon placed at the center and the small hologram of the DSII that came with POTJ R2-Q5 flanking it. Then I've got all the figures you'd expect for that scene (and we really could do with more).

Another simple one I did was the Capture of R2-D2. It involved the blue electric stuff from the ATOC preview R2 unit, R2-D2, and a bunch of Jawas. I placed them on some sandstone from a fish tank or reptile cage.

Or how about a diorama of Luke and his home life, with Aunt Beru pouring some of the blue juice and Uncle Owen itching about work not being done. Maybe give the sandspeeder some chrome parts, cause i think Luke would have been a tuner if there existed such a thing on Tatooine.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

some of the samller scenes are cool to make if you want to display your collection but don't have the room to do so.

I like the Death Star Briefing idea from ROTJ was trying to think of a way of doing that. The hubcap sounds like a good idea.

Another small set could be an X-Wing or any small ship with some of the figures around it. I think my next display might actually be the Falcon and the "send a scanning crew aboard" scene. A couple of stormies and the two scanning techs should do it. Plus if you add the bases from the FX ben and Vader in the background it might add to the scene.

Another small one could be a dagobah scene, look on ebay the vintage yoda hut is going for under $20 at times and take the OTC dagobah Luke, R2, Yoda and Ben and whola Training a Jedi.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    Another small set could be an X-Wing or any small ship with some of the figures around it. I think my next display might actually be the Falcon and the "send a scanning crew aboard" scene. A couple of stormies and the two scanning techs should do it. Plus if you add the bases from the FX ben and Vader in the background it might add to the scene.
    That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    Another small one could be a dagobah scene, look on ebay the vintage yoda hut is going for under $20 at times and take the OTC dagobah Luke, R2, Yoda and Ben and whola Training a Jedi.
    If you want more of a challange, do a search for ACPin's Dagobah diorama. It is great. He used a tree stump for a fish tank as Yoda's house. I bought one at Petsmart for about $15. Then you get some Spanish Moss and some of that 1" thick green foam, throw in a few rocks & fake trees....and presto, Dagobah Training.

[quote=Devo] If Hasbro ever make that sandcrawler droid - can never remember what its called - that runs on treads and has multiple arms and apparatus sticking up I'll be getting 3 -
    quote]

Wasn't that doid released with Aunt Beru (or something like it). Or do I have a different droid in mind.

[QUOTE=vader121]
    Quote Originally Posted by Devo
    If Hasbro ever make that sandcrawler droid - can never remember what its called - that runs on treads and has multiple arms and apparatus sticking up I'll be getting 3 -
    quote]

Wasn't that doid released with Aunt Beru (or something like it). Or do I have a different droid in mind.
    The one with Aunt Beru had 2 arms. The one Devo is thinking of has a similar body to that one, but has many FX-7 styled arms.

The droid you are thinking of is the WED treadwell droid.
    here's the official info about it on sw.com:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/dro...eadwell/?id=eu

Some had sockets for 6 arms, while others eight or more. REally teh sandcralwer one and the Lars family WED droid are variants of each other. Same basic body, but wiht modifications.

-Sal
    Move along, move along