Thumbs up $1.54 POTJ and $3.54 12" - Detroit Target

My local Target here in Detroit had POTJ Han and X-wing Luke in the clearance isle for $1.54 each, also had a 12" 4-LOM for $3.54. Check teh clearance isles at thos eTargets...there are still some deals out there!! I've attached a copy of the reciept..not bad for only $7!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails target sale.jpg  

I wish I had 6% sales tax. Here it's 7.75% in Southern California, and higher closer to Los Angeles. But those were some great deals you got!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I wish I had 6% sales tax. Here it's 7.75% in Southern California, and higher closer to Los Angeles. But those were some great deals you got!
    You should try the staggaring 8.25% sales tax in Fort Worth, TX! You think you have it bad in California! Luckily in Arlington, near Fort Worth, where I live, the sales tax is somewhat lower.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Originally posted by JediCole

You should try the staggaring 8.25% sales tax in Fort Worth, TX! You think you have it bad in California! Luckily in Arlington, near Fort Worth, where I live, the sales tax is somewhat lower.
    Uhuh, well it's 8.25% in Los Angeles county and will be raised any minute now I believe another .02%! And why on earth does anywhere in Texas have that high of a sales tax???
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

Uhuh, well it's 8.25% in Los Angeles county and will be raised any minute now I believe another .02%! And why on earth does anywhere in Texas have that high of a sales tax???
    Man...you guys certainly have high taxes in the USA compared to here in good ole Canada eh! How about 15% Canadian dollars on top of Canadian prices! That's about $9.00 per figure + 15% = $10.35 for 1 figure. Not to mention that the Anniversary packs are selling for $25.00...not the $14.95 like in the USA. So quit the belly aching about tax!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Originally posted by Darkross

Man...you guys certainly have high taxes in the USA compared to here in good ole Canada eh! How about 15% Canadian dollars on top of Canadian prices! That's about $9.00 per figure + 15% = $10.35 for 1 figure. Not to mention that the Anniversary packs are selling for $25.00...not the $14.95 like in the USA. So quit the belly aching about tax!
    Yeah, but doesn't $10.35 equal something like $2 in US$?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Not quite! Even if it did... it's not like I have US $$$ to buy stuff here in Canada. For Americans...it is a very good deal for them to buy Canadian products because of the exchange.

We Canadians still pay alot more for stuff than you Americans! That's the point I was trying to make! Our dollar is worth less (a lot less nowadays) than the US dollar and thus we are taxed more to pay for services etc... which means I (along with the rest of us Canadian Collectors) have alot less cash to spend on SW figs...especially if the good stuff never comes to Canada (i.e. FX-7 Wave, Teebo Wave, Tie Bombers, and those blasted "Target Exclusives" etc...)
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

ROFL!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Let's see, using current conversion rates:

$25 (CAD) = $15.66416 (USD)
    $10.35 (CAD) = $6.48496 (USD)
    $9.00 (CAD) = $5.63910 (USD)

So, if I buy a POTJ figure in Canada, AFTER taxes it will cost me $6.49 (rounding UP).

US prices per POTJ figure AFTER taxes (in Kentucky at 6.00%):

Wal-Mart $6.82 (USD) = $10.89 (CAD)
    TRU $7.41 (USD) = $11.83 (CAD)

Or 25th Anniversary sets BEFORE taxes:

Target $15.99 (USD) = $25.54 (CAD)
    TRU $16.99 (USD) = $27.13 (CAD)

So, um, where's the deal?

Even in Kentucky, with a small 6.0% tax rate figures cost more than up north.

Even at our cheapest store, Wal-Mart, we pay 54 cents more per figure, USD (at 6.0% sales tax)! Or that would be 86 cent CAD more per figure.

May the force be with you.