I finally got the Cloud Car

I feel like I arrived at the party right as everybody was leaving. Anyway, I finally got this set and slapped it together. The building experience wasn't terribly great since there were no surprises, but the final toy has its perks. The ship looks nice enough from the side and 3/4 angle, but it's not round enough and it's missing the sides, so it doesn't look good from above. I kinda like the cockpit access, but I dislike the empty engine, I HAD to fill that up as soon as I finished - it really bothered me. My favorite pieces were the blue transparent round 1x studs, I wish it had a dozen of those. The colors don't seem so bad, but I'd have preferred orange. In comparison to most of the other ships' scales in the Lego line, this one seems to be the right size. I would have preferred a yellow (or even brown, whatever!) Lando, or at least come with a pilot figure as well as Lobot.

Ultimately, I think this one could stand a few visits back to the drawing board, especially since those 5x semi-rounded bricks could make nice sides and rear sections on this one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Same here

I also picked up the Cloud Car set, but I plan to keep it mint in the box.
    [url]www.deathstarplans.com[/url]

I got the Cloud Car set for Christmas from my sister. Needless to say the set is awesome and I hope to pick up some extras to have a small fleet and some extra parts. Since the only pilot it comes with is Lobot and I had two Stormtroopers to spare, I gave them the cloud car and just figure since the Imperials technically ruled Bespin for a short time, they would've probably had some troops in Cloud Cars. As for the engines, I don't mind the emptiness, although they're too far back, if you scoot them up a couple studs, you don't need any extra pieces (since it's just swapping places with another piece on each side) and the result is better movie accuracy. Plus it can balance better if yo want to use a single clear piece under the engine to make it look it's hovering or flying or whatever.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Basker, I tried your idea and compared it to the Action Fleet and Kenner cloud cars, and I think it's one stud too far up now, so I simply removed the 2x1 dark gray plate altogether and put the engines one stud forward instead of two.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.