Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Rita

Hurricane Rita

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a chance that SSG may be offline for an unknown amount of time starting within approximately 36 hours. Our servers (computers) that holds all of SirStevesGuide.com are located in Houston, TX. With Hurricane Rita coming their way, it is unknown if the datacenters (buildings) where the servers are located will withstand the hurricane (they're creating emergency temporary centers in other locations so they're taking it seriously). So, we are making arrangements to bring another server online located elsewhere if we lose them. We hope we don't have to use it but better safe than sorry and let's hope for the best for Texas and the surrounding areas!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Re: Hurricane Rita

So does the same hold true for LOTRG.com too? Im assuming it does, but wouldnt mind getting some solid information if they use servers located in the same datacenters. Thanks for the heads up too.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Yes. The entire Action Online Network...
    "SirSteve"

Muchos gracias senor esteban!
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Looks like we are in the clear! We completed preparations for out-of-state backup operation by late friday night, but it has proven unnecessary.

Always better safe than sorry.
    "SirSteve"

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    Yes. The entire Action Online Network...
    After careful review, I have concluded that a hurricane attack on AO wouldn't be the worst thing.

I tend to agree with you Caesar.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll bring the water, you bring the wind machines.

Done, just have to go to Holland and put some in my pockets.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Why do I find it hard to believe you are going there for wind machines...