Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

early bird set hitting hong kong first

i was looking through ebay today and i was wondering how come there is a dealer with over 25 early bird sets and selling them . but the set is not going to be shipped supposedly to u.s. customers until november. i emailed hasbro and questioned this. is someone going to get screwed out of there sets because either this dealer bought all these or stole them.

Re: early bird set hitting hong kong first

Wha...!?!?

Somebody get the sheriff! Oh, wait.

Does the dealer actually have these in-hand? He could've ordered 25 with the purpose of selling the figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Either they're selling them over there, or they "fell off the truck". I truly doubt this will be an issue for anybody not getting the ones they ordered though, I bet we'll see a few of these show up on hasbrotoyshop.com or the SW.com shop even, probably extras that Hasbro made in case of returns or they wanted to sell 'em overseas.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

there is actually pictures of boxes of these sets. the guy has a set open and underneath are many more of them

Ah, gotcha. But it looks like Mister Tricks beat me to the punch. I doubt anyone's going to not get ones they ordered. It's pretty normal to overproduce items that are pre-ordered just in case something does happen and some are botched or stolen. And, like the man said, any leftovers will end up on some website sooner or later.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just got mine on Saturday. Don't stress out.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Mine hasn't shown up yet in Minnesota..... but I only mailed it in July. I wonder if there's "first ordered, first mailed" deal happening. I haven't seen any other threads about people getting this set..... have many people received theirs?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    Mine hasn't shown up yet in Minnesota..... but I only mailed it in July. I wonder if there's "first ordered, first mailed" deal happening. I haven't seen any other threads about people getting this set..... have many people received theirs?
    No, I think Hasbro calculates the amount that each person spent the day they purchased the kit, then sends it by the most money spent on Hasbro items. I bought about $600 to $800 worth of other figures the same night I bought my Early Bird Kit, and I got my 4 figures over a week ago. (BTW, I'm just kidding)
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Jedi Drew got his about two weeks before I got mine and he sent his certificate out about a month after I did. It's just the luck of the draw.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Got mine yesterday. I was as underwhelmed as expected.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22