Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We saved a Dog

We saved a Dog

So I'm standing out front of our house on friday afternoon and I see this wacky looking kinda coyote looking dog walking around our neighborhood looking kinda lost....

I figured I had better try to catch it and phone the humane society, so I walked up to it and hooked my finger into the collar; the dog was super gentle and follwed me back to the veranda with no troubles and stood wagging her tail, looking longingly into the house...

JediElf (my "wife" for all who may not know) wasn't home at the time, but she has wanted a dog SO badly and for SO long, and I always told her that when the time was right, we would have one.....

The humane society didn't have a record of her being missing, and there was no ID on her (and she really is weird looking and hard to figure out what she is- she has shocking blue-grey eyes like a husky, and she is kinda brownish but with no real distinctive pattern to speak of)

Aaanyways, when Elf came home, the dog walked out of the kitchen and when she saw the animal, Elf just went nuts, petting it and hugging it and all...

so we were in tha backyard a couple of hours later and we heard people out front yelling a name, so it was pretty obvious that we had their dog... it turns out that the doggie was owned by some Lannies, and they hda owned her for 10 years and were just tired of taking care of her- they only wanted to find her so they would not get into any sort of legal trouble, and planned on taking her to the Humane Society to have her DESTROYED..... this news was far too sad ( as I type this she's laying at my feet having some sort of doggie dream) so we volunteered to take her on as our "new" pet... her name is Sasha (not a bad name for a doggie, really) and she is REALLY cool- SUPER friendly, really mellow disposition, doesn't bark at ALL really (though if ya say "walk" around her, she starts doing that "talking" thing like scooby-doo) and if you like, you can "sing" with her by making a goofy howling noise til she starts doing it too, it is funny as all get out.....

So I just wanted to share this with y'all, it is the first dog I've ever had since I have lived on my own, and the fact that we are literally saving her life makes me feel kinda good

I will get a pic of her later on, when she's more lively, she doesn't really do anything and I don't want to bug her, she's still getting used to being here with us...

Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Re: We saved a Dog

Aaawwwwwww...!!! My hero!!!

Sorry I missed your calls yesterday. I was out in Geneva with friends and didn't get it until late, late, late. I'm one of those people who doesn't take their phone with them everywhere... and even if I do, it's not necessarily on.

Hope you and the new addition to your "family" are all well!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Great story even for the second time Mabs. Tis OK JP that ya missed the call.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Congrats on the new dog Mabs Good thing you saved it,the dog sounds way too gentle and nice for some people to put down because they cant affort it. Good luck with Sasha,I'm sure you'll have some stories to tell about her soon enough
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Dang, and we were just a few days early...
    But that's awesome (and even cooler because you saved her from Lanny).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Very cool, I love dogs, so you are my hero of the day!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    ....(and she really is weird looking and hard to figure out what she is- she has shocking blue-grey eyes like a husky, and she is kinda brownish but with no real distinctive pattern to speak of)
    Umm maybe a mutt? All joking aside good on you Mab's! I look forward to seeing pics.

Rocketboy- you actually left about one hour early, she came by at roughly 3-3 30

JimJam- yes, yess, she is a mutt, I was just describing how I answered the "what kind/what does it look like " questions they were asking

She was depressed for the weekend, but last night she started eating like crazy again and she is in PERFECT form now, really happy and smiley- I should have a pic tomorrow, since she just came back from a walk with Elf and is flaked out again (she loves her relaxation, must be rubbing off on her)
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Well done mabs ! ! !

Bless your heart for rescuing such a fine creature, and shame on Lanny for being so vile.

Enjoy your new pet, good luck to both you and 'Elf !

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    JimJam- yes, yess, she is a mutt, I was just describing how I answered the "what kind/what does it look like " questions they were asking
    I know I was just being goofy, I forgot to add a after my mutt comment.

She was depressed for the weekend, but last night she started eating like crazy again and she is in PERFECT form now, really happy and smiley- I should have a pic tomorrow, since she just came back from a walk with Elf and is flaked out again (she loves her relaxation, must be rubbing off on her)
    Sounds like you have a bipolar dog there mab's.