Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My Idea for Starwars tv series set between eps 3 and 4

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Now, I know it was pure luck that a brain dead caterpillar walked across the keyboard while he was "writing" those issues.
    Man, that's funny, but why don't you let us know how you really feel?
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

GL has already stated that there will be NO main characters from any of the star wars films, hence why this idea will not work. Plus it would get tiresome easily if all we see is han and chewie getting in adventures.
    "I have you now."

Yaah, a Han and Chewie series is not going to happen (unless Lucas lets Gendy Tartawhatever do his dream cartoon).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Has Lucas said for certain it won't have main characters? In the one quote I remember reading, it sounded like he backtracked because they weren't exactly sure at that point. I would like to see the Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin turned into a TV series. You could even mix in the old Han Solo and Lando Calrissian adventure novels.

I liked the Firefly series. I thought it was well done and had a great ensemble of characters. I wasn't able to see the movie this weekend, but I have Friday off so I plan to see it then.

posty333 Has Lucas said for certain it won't have main characters? In the one quote I remember reading, it sounded like he backtracked because they weren't exactly sure at that point. I would like to see the Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin turned into a TV series. You could even mix in the old Han Solo and Lando Calrissian adventure novels.

I liked the Firefly series. I thought it was well done and had a great ensemble of characters. I wasn't able to see the movie this weekend, but I have Friday off so I plan to see it then.
    Depends on how Lucas defines main characters, this is the guy remember who had Luke have a serious Boner for Leia then decided to F*ck with our heads and make them Siblings in the next movie hows that for back tracking for you(If he new it all along as he says he did then he's a bit of a sicko). This is a guy who says In one breath says he'll be handing over the responsibility for writing the show to other writers then says this according to the New York Post

Originally sourced by rich of the dead
    New York Post talked to George Lucas about what kind of deleted scenes we can expect.

"Most are Senatorial in nature," Lucas said, "Some are about the conspiracy, in terms of starting the Rebel Alliance. But mostly there's lots of beautiful costumes!"

He also talked a bit more about the "Star Wars" TV show, which is in the works along with a new animated "Clone Wars" series.

"There will be a live-action show, but I don't know if it'll be in 2006," he says. "I haven't even started writing the script. It's all minor, minor characters. It's not the Skywalker story at all - that's going on in another part of the galaxy."
    so is he writing it himself or not who knows? but the fact that he says it's not the Skywalker story at all doesn't rule out it being the Solo story so I live in hope .

I'd love to see the Kyle Katarn stuff done in movie form. Start out with Kyle at the Imperial Academy, have the story with his dad getting killed, the whole meet up with Jan Ors and the Valley of the Jedi. Got some pre-made bad guys who are quite cool too.

You get a Han Solo/Mal Reynolds guy who also takes the Jedi trip along the way. It'd make a good series because of all the different angles to Kyle. Jan is there for the chick factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    so is he writing it himself or not who knows? but the fact that he says it's not the Skywalker story at all doesn't rule out it being the Solo story so I live in hope .
    I read somewhere that Lucas said he is going to write the first season then turn things over to some writers and they take over.

JimJamBonds I read somewhere that Lucas said he is going to write the first season then turn things over to some writers and they take over.
    If this is the case I suppose we should be thankfull he has decided to stick to the minor players of the SW universe and not wielded his pen of "painful dialogue" in the direction of characters we actually care about. I've said it before and I'll say it again the mans a sadist, not content with the critical mauling he got for the PT he now wants to inflict even more pain on critics and the viewers alike with an entire season of shallow Cgi crapness.