Hybrid View

My Idea for Starwars tv series set between eps 3 and 4

The series would be in the vain of Firefly with Han, Chewie and sometimes Lando getting into scrapes and dodging Imperial patrols as they try and make a buck(credit) in a galaxy in the grips of tyranny. Some episodes would see flashbacks of Hans time in the Imperial academy, his encounter with Chewie and how he won the Millenium Falcon.

Very basic I know and possibly been proposed before but what do you think.

Re: My Idea for Starwars tv series set between eps 3 and 4

I think it's a bad idea, I wouldn't want to see those characters in a TV series.

I think it's a great idea. It's probably along the lines of what they are planning anyways. With all our favorite Bounty Hunters like Boba, IG-88, Bossk. They would get younger actors of course. Why not get the kid who played Boba Fett in Ep.2. A young General Veers character could be developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    I think it's a great idea. It's probably along the lines of what they are planning anyways. With all our favorite Bounty Hunters like Boba, IG-88, Bossk. They would get younger actors of course. Why not get the kid who played Boba Fett in Ep.2. A young General Veers character could be developed.
    And they could get the guy who played Young Indy (ie young Harrison Ford)in the Last Crusade....Oh no wait.... Please don't tell me the guy who played young indy in the series is dead too!!

I'd rather not see main characters featured in the series, I'm ok with the occasional cameo though.

Caesar I think it's a bad idea, I wouldn't want to see those characters in a TV series.

JimJamBonds
    I'd rather not see main characters featured in the series, I'm ok with the occasional cameo though.
    I think I know where your coming from here guys why would we want George to ruin three more beloved characters, but imagine if it was in the hands of a decent writer say Joss Whedon(we know he can write a decent Han look at Mal on Firefly) or Ronald D Moore tell me that wouldn't kick ***.

Blue2th
    It's probably along the lines of what they are planning anyways. With all our favorite Bounty Hunters like Boba, IG-88, Bossk.
    Yeh and quite frankly that does'nt bode well for the series I dont see the point in basing a series on a character who's whole mystique is built around us never seeing his face and if we do it will be a complete betrayal of the character ala Sly's Judge Dredd.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    I think I know where your coming from here guys why would we want George to ruin three more beloved characters, but imagine if it was in the hands of a decent writer say Joss Whedon(we know he can write a decent Han look at Mal on Firefly) or Ronald D Moore tell me that wouldn't kick ***.
    It wouldn't.

Not a big fan of Firefly or BSG I guess Caesar.

I sat through the Serenity presentation at Comic Con so I'd have a good seat for the King Kong presentation later that day, and must say I was not impressed. Joss Whedon struck me as such a bumbling idiot, I stopped reading Astonishing X-Men. I knew I hated Buffy and all that other teenybopper garbage, but I'd enjoyed Astonishing up to that point. Now, I know it was pure luck that a brain dead caterpillar walked across the keyboard while he was "writing" those issues.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    That's basically my sentiment, too. However, since I read about the prospect of a TV show, the one thing I have wanted to see was at least a glimpse of Lando's past particularly how he lost the Falcon, and that "maneuver in the battle of Taanab." I just wonder how "peripheral" the characters of this show will be.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent