View Poll Results: Will you be collecting Star Wars Transformers?

Voters
500. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely will collect

57 11.40%
  • Probably will collect

55 11.00%
  • Maybe won't collect

65 13.00%
  • Absolutely won't collect

323 64.60%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Will you be collecting Star Wars Transformers?

Absolutely won't collect

I've never been interested in transforming vehicles/robots so I will definitely be passing on Star Wars Transformers.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I am interested enough where I will wait to see them in person, so I went with probably will buy them
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm not surprised that by far the largest category chosen in this poll is "definitely not." These things look like they are cheap knockoffs of regular Transformers crafted in a chinese opium den. I think Hasbro should have focused their efforts on something worthwhile instead of this lame diversion.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Absolutely won't collect

I dont like Transformers so there is no reason to buy. They look like cheap knock off anyways. It would have been better for Hasbro to focus on something else besides another new line.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

HUrray! More reasons not to collect! Great Job hasbro!
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

i probably will buy one or two of these as i do have a small collection of transformers (nothing compared to what some of the l.a. ssg people probably have)

There's absolutely no chance that I'll pick any of these up. This is yet another sign of just how far Hasbro is willing to go to milk this franchise for every penny possible. I won't support it.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

nein, danke.

I chose probably but leaning toward the no side. I am not to sure, like everyone I want to see the them in person to makeup my mind. Kind of a cool idea in a twisted sort of way. Gobot star wars hmmmm lets see.... when they arrive we will hate them of love them.
    May the force be with you.........always!!

Well, I saw them in person this past weekend. I'm actually a Transformers collector first and then a Star Wars collector. I probably won't be buying them but I have to admit the concept is one I wanted to see but as a true crossover. Have a Star Destroyer transform into Megatron. Anyway, here are my two cents:

Grievous is actually very good in both modes. The vehicle looks good and the robot looks like a large action figure. I'm impressed they were able to hide the kibble as well as they did.

Darth Vader is well executed but looks a little silly in robot mode. I don't buy the shield. Vader also looks a lot less menacing without his cape.

Obi-Wan looks very little like Obi-Wan and that is good. The robot is poorly designed though.

Luke is just awful. I think this is the worst toy ever. Seriously.

All in all, the vehicle modes look great and don't show any robot bits. The robot modes leave a bit to be desired. Grievous is good and Vader is decent but the others are pretty bad.

I wonder if the Falcon will turn into Chewie or Han.