View Poll Results: Will you be collecting Star Wars Transformers?

Voters
500. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely will collect

57 11.40%
  • Probably will collect

55 11.00%
  • Maybe won't collect

65 13.00%
  • Absolutely won't collect

323 64.60%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Will you be collecting Star Wars Transformers?

I have collected nearly every Star Wars ship of this scale for years.

I ain't buying these though - they look bloody awful.

BC3

Thumbs down Re: Will you be collecting Star Wars Transformers?

I am mainly an Action Fleet collector but, even if the vehicle mode of these transformers looks like it is in AF scale from the pictures, I voted "absolutely won't collect" in the pool.

In my opinion the robot mode is just awful in order to represent human characters (see for example how horrible are Luke or Obi-Wan, while Grievous is better), and the vehicle mode suffer from the necessity due to the transformation (see for example the thickness of the Jedi Starfighter).

Moreover, the inclusion of what looks like an AF figure from the pictures is meaningless in these vehicles and, even if I would die to have new AF figs from EII and EIII, will not bring me to buy these transformers in no case.

Now I wonder the costs of the molds of these intricate and brand new toys. It would seem definitely higher than the costs of the molds of "simple" AF vehicles and figures. So I wonder, what brought Hasbro to prefer this uncertain new transformers line to a surely successful AF line composed of new vehicles from the last movie?

Ciao,
    JediGoofy

This is certainly a concept I thought of as a kid and I find it very cool that they are doing something like this.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'm kinda undecided on this. Looking at the pics some of them looked pretty cool and I think the idea is a semi cool idea actually.

If you think about it the Transformers line, with the exception of GI Joe and perhaps a few others, has been one of the longest running lines to date. Kids and adults seem to flock to the aisle to get the latest Optimus or Megatron and collectors grab the commerative sets to get a piece of their childhood back. Since the Transformers are considered technologial and the Star Wars Universe is a technology wonder in itself, the idea of melding the worlds together seems like a sound idea.

Plus on the other levels one can view this as a crossover series similar to the recent GI Joe and Transformers comic book lines. Since they are starting out using the classic starships like the X-Wing and Vader's TIE perhaps it could work. Looking at the Vader TIE transformed into a robot it can be said that Vader could pass for a robot. Plus with Grievous in the line as well, it does give you the feeling of robots in disguise.

As long as they make the final transformation from vehicle to robot look robotic and not human, ala X-Wing into Luke, the line might be interesting. It is too early to say how I feel or if I will collect these lines since I am cutting my collection to just figures and perhas a few little nicknacks but time will tell.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I will only buy one of these if my Red Christmas Darth Vader can ride in it all the way to the trash can.

Seriously, wouldn't take them if they were free. This is a dangerous time for Hasbro. Right now we should all be talking about how great it is that Yarna, the Arcona, and Chief Chirpa are coming out. This should be a collector's time period. Instead even the collectors are disgusted. It could kill the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    Maybe if they quit spending time and money developing this kind of crap, they could afford to get some vehicles and playset out for the 33/4" line. No thanks, I've got my hands full trying to locate and pay for all the freakin' exclusives!
    Total agreement from me. Not buying these, stupid novelty crap doesn't interest me. They should focus on the 3 3/4" line.

I said no however....
    If they made an Executioner Star Destroyer\Optimus Prime one I would grab that up in a heartbeat or maybe a full size AT-AT\General Veers. I will drop 80-100 bucks for those bad boys if they made em'

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    I will only buy one of these if my Red Christmas Darth Vader can ride in it all the way to the trash can.
    That's the funniest thing I have read on this SW Transformer thread!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I don't know but after looking at some of the images on Rebelscum I might get these. The Jedi Starfighter looks good and transforms into a robotic form of Kenobi
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I think this line is good to bring new collectors into the game. I will not be picking any of these up however. My mind is open to new ideas, but in this case my wallet is staying closed.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."