View Poll Results: Will you be collecting Star Wars Transformers?

Voters
500. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely will collect

57 11.40%
  • Probably will collect

55 11.00%
  • Maybe won't collect

65 13.00%
  • Absolutely won't collect

323 64.60%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Will you be collecting Star Wars Transformers?

Absolutely not!

I say that for two reasons.

1st. I am mainly interested in movie orientated material

2nd. The more non movie based Star Wars merchandise Hasbro makes the less movie based items they produce. I don't feel compelled to encourage their mismanagement of an already under-utilized line.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

i punched in the DPCI for these at my local target tonight and that 14.99 price just might be enough to convince me to not buy any of these.

I voted 'probably will collect' but I want to see these in person first before coming up with the money. I might get one.

I understand Hasbro's marketing on this. It's nostalgia for people who played/collected Transformers as kids; they are now grownups and may want to relive their childhood memories. It's the same thing Hasbro is doing with the 3 3/4" GI Joe line.

And Hasbro can go after the SW fans, too. It's different just enough to attract our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran
    i punched in the DPCI for these at my local target tonight and that 14.99 price just might be enough to convince me to not buy any of these.

I second that motion. It means the cheapest they will be is 12.99 at WM. Might await a clearance on these if they look decent
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I won't buy them because they look too goofy in "robot" (looks more like "person") mode. Starscream reimagined as a TIE Fighter would be awesome. A TIE Fighter that converts to a really bad Vader with TIE wings sticking out of his legs is not.
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I]Knightfall: Star Wars Stockboy Supreme[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.xanga.com/red_megaranger"][/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]

Thre's no way that I'll buy these. They look pretty nice in their vehicle form, but they are horrendous in their "robot" form. So if the vehicle form is the only thing attractive about them, I'll just stick to the Action Fleet and Titanium vehicles.
    Hasbro is trying to be creative, but they're looking desperate instead. They just cheapened the Star Wars line, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxx
    They just cheapened the Star Wars line, in my opinion.
    I don't think they did much for the Transformers line either.

I loved Transformers as a kid and thought about getting back into them when I was 18 and got a job at TRU . . . until I realized that all they had for sale was a bunch of goofy animal Beast Wars Transformers so I lost all interest from that point on.

I voted "Probably will collect" since i do see myself picking up at least one of them, and then from there i might go ahead with it or i may just pass on them. It really depends on how they look once i see them in my hands. I like the idea, but im a little concerned that it might not work too well in actuality.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I voted no for a couple of reasons

1. I hate the fact that these turn into "humans" in bot mode. Why? This line could have been better if you had the autobots reimagined as rebel vehicles, Optimus Prime as the Falcon? sure. Bluestreak, Smokescreen, and Prowl reimagined as a trio of X-wings? sign me up! on the Decepticon side, Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp as TIE Interceptor, Bomber and Fighter? cool!, Megatron as a SPHA-T Tank? and lastly, how cool would a Death Star Unicron be? but an X-wing that transforms into Luke? CRAP!

2. Is this necessary? Hasbro wants to get creative with the Star Wars liscense and this is what they come up with? If you want to get creative, how bout giving me some KOTOR figures? How about some Rebublic Commando figures? Hasbro sits there and complains that they can't afford new molds for figures but they have the money to spend on this? LAME!

3. This kinda makes me nervous cause Hasbro has the SW liscense for what? another 10 years and we are already getting to what feels like the bottom of the barrel.

Sorry about the rant.....**gets off soapbox**