Voters
648. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's over

269 41.51%
  • No, it's not over

379 58.49%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Is Star Wars Over?

With the Episode III DVD coming out in only a matter of weeks, and the live-action show pushed back a year with scant few details, some fans may be feeling like Star Wars is "over", that the final movie has come and gone, and that means Star Wars is done. Some fans may see the end of the Hasbro ROTS line as perhaps the final stop on the Star Wars collectible express. But is any of that true, do Star Wars fans really feel like the show has come to an end? Is there life after the movies?

Re: Is Star Wars Over?

I hate to admit it -- But I believe this is it.

Short of RE-Releasing all of the figures on different packages -- different poses -- extra weapons -- we have see everything.

I guess SW can survive on the "Expanded Universe" -- but without that MOVIE Experience -- I am sad to say I just dont feel the same about Star Wars as I once did.

NOW THIS DOES NOT MEAN I WILL STOP BEING A FAN --- NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THAT !!!

I can only hope I am wrong --

Geroge -- You are our only Hope !!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Of course not, although it's likely to take a dramatic drop in popular appeal in a few weeks or months.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    ...do Star Wars fans really feel like the show has come to an end? Is there life after the movies?
    I think it's obviously come to an end in one sense, but given that this franchise pays the bills for Lucas and Co., I doubt that it's truly "over."

We'll see more. There's going to be a lull in the action here or there, (which is fine by me, because I like suspense) but there will be something more in time. Heck, looking at all of the epic video games that come out from time to time, I don't really see much of a lull at all.

plasticfetish.net

Only the fans and collectors will let us know in January. I voted no cause I know star wars has the biggest fan base out there. And hopefully if we try, it will keep going. But I feel Any slump in sales for any companies like Hasbro, Master Replicas, Ect. And they will quit pretty quick. Cause they will shift to something new. As I say especially with saga2 on the way. It will make it or break it. As long as we see new characters and better army building stuff. We will see it go on. If it just repeats stuff I say it won't last past June 2006.
    MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST!!!!!!

OTHERWISE I HOPE THE FORCE IS WITH YOU WHEN THIS BOUNTY HUNTER COMES CALL'IN!!!!!!!!!

I echo Chux. It'll definitely take a nose dive, leaving just the hardcore geeks (read: me [us?]). I don't see a huge "casual" appreciation for Star Wars in the future. So for the "Johnny Come Lately" fan it is over, but for alot of folks it'll be business as usual.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]I believe the show is over - even if it is only a short [FONT='Arial Narrow']moratorium before the possible Television series. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT='Arial Narrow']Though there is a great EU fanbase I dont think it is enough for Hasbro to even think they will make money -[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT='Arial Narrow']Once the television series hits - fans will say it just doesnt feel like the movies , they did not like the actors lack of emotion, why couldnt GL write the script, we miss the phantom menace, etc, etc.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT='Arial Narrow']The only savior for the starwars universe is for Episode 7 to hit us out of the blue - some secret filming in Denmark - An aged Harrison Ford will star along with the rest of the crew fighting storm troopers and possibly an old fan favorite from anew - An aged wiser surgically enhanced darth maul wouldnt be half bad.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT='Arial Narrow'][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT='Arial Narrow']Sigh[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT='Arial Narrow']ps. I didnt use spell check[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT='Arial Narrow'] [/FONT][/FONT]

As Vader would put it: NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

Seriously though, while SW may be dwindling from the main scene, I couldn't e busier with it. My collecting has gone back up to were it was during previous movie years. In the case of clones, even more so. My activity with local collecting groups has grown exponentially.

Anticipation of the TV shows remains steadfast.

Also, there is that little rumor that GL is going to rerelease all of teh movies again as 3D. True or not, it keeps a twinge of excitement in me.

Star Wars is barely out of theaters and to be honest I'm almost appalled that this poll even showed up on the site, not just shortly after the movie has left the primary market, but at all.
    There's so much stuff that can be produced in the form of collectibles/toys. (It's a matter of, if Hasbro wants to and ses a profit in doing so.) We know next year is going to be a decent year for collecting. Yes it could be better, but WE always think it could be better.

My vote is soundly for my own experieince with SW and it's a resounding NO.

Say I'm in denial all you want. I'll say I've never been to Egypt...

-Sal
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 09-19-2005 at 05:15 PM.
    Move along, move along

D-Day: War's over, man. Lucas dropped the big one.
    Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Otter: Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
    El Chuxter & plasticfetish pretty much summed it up for me. I'll be happy when it isn't as mainstream as it has been the past few years. To tell you the truth, I really don't care if they do a TV show or not. For me, the show could hurt the movies more than help them. If Hasbro keeps their word and keeps producing figures of new characters, or improving sculpts of old figures at a reasonable price, I'll be content.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I dont't the Star Wars Saga will ever be over. "Greed can be a powerful Ally" Lucas would be stupid to put the Saga to rest. Like I said earlier in another thread give it twenty years and more movies will be released, perhaps the famed rumored 7,8, and 9. As far as the whole expanded universe theory, that will continue since so many people believe it never really happened because it wasn't in the movies.
    Between the TV shows, comics, novels games etc Star Wars is far from over.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks