Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2005 Baseball season

It looks like road to the Post Season is still quite exciting, at least in the American League. I'm sure the Post Season will be just as exciting.

To kick off the baseball discussion, how about a Star Wars/Baseball picture?

I love the fact that Chewbacca is putting some serious heat on the ball.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capt.mack10109282323.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	12403  
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: 2005 Baseball season

Yes Baseball has some exciting races, 3 teams fighting for two spots. Yankees hold a slight edge over Boston by a game with a 3 game showdown this weekend. Gonna be good. Also Boston and Cleveland are tied for the Wild Card lead.

The one picture I ca nnot seem to find is from last years ALCS in which FOX sports put Johnny Damons head on Chewies body, that was damn funny.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The Wild Card race has been insane for the last month. The best thing is that both BOS/NYY and CLE/CHW are finishing with 3 game series against each other. Those 3 games will decide not only the Wild Card but who walks away as the Division winner. This is going to be a wild weekend! Go Indians and Red Sox!!!

Go Yankees is all I have to say. F the sox...
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I don't believe the garbage heap called the NL West. .500 wins the division?!?!? What a joke. THIS is where they need to look for their next contraction, not Canada.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I'm getting sad that the regular season is just about over. After 13 crappy years the Brewers have turned things around and showing promise. I think they should be chasing the wild card next year with their young core of talent. Besides the Brewers this has been a crazy year, the AL East, the Indians making a run at the AL Central great stuff! Like Cap said the NL West is a joke. I think this weekends games will be awesome and we should have some exciting playoffs.

EP, that would be a pretty sweet tar there!

It sure would. Hopefully someone jumps on it.

I am pretty sure the Sox took the AL Central this afternoon.

I don't know how to feel about that. I don't root for them because of the DH, but Chicago needs a winning team. However, my buddy abandoned the Cubs a few years ago and went to the South Side, and if the Sox win, he'll be unbearable for a year. I'll have no choice but to kill him, and as he is a really good friend, I will miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Yes Baseball has some exciting races, 3 teams fighting for two spots.
    What are you talking about? KC has obviously locked the worst record in baseball, so the only true race is between Colorado and Pittsburgh for ther worst record in the NL. Right now, the -men (Arr-men) have a one game lead with two to play. C'mon, Buccos!

If anyone cares, my picks for postseason:
    NL West - Pads (upset St. Louie, lose to Astros)
    NL Central - Cards (lose in first round in 5 games)
    NL East - Bravos (lose in 4 to H-Town)
    NL Wild Card - Astros (riding Clemens and national support from Rita, lose to Angels in World Series)

AL West - Angels (win it all! )
    AL Central - Chi Sox (swept by Boston in first round)
    AL East - Bo Sox (lose to Anaheim [no Los Angeles of... ] in 7-game thriller)
    AL Wild Card - Indians (Angels take 'em out in 4)
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

weLL BCJ looks like your predictions are wrong. Yankees win the East, Bosox will have to settle for a playoff with Cleveland on Monday for the Wild Card. Boston will lose and there fore be out of the playoffs.