Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Dressing a Galaxy

This book featuring the costumes and wardrobes of Star Wars designed by Trisha Biggar is about to be released and, I gotta tell you I'm excited as hell. Both Trisha and Natalie Portman have written prefaces in the book and I'm anxious to read what they have to say as well as see the great costumes. I remember I met Trisha Biggar in 1999 at Celebration I in Denver. She was a very nice lady, I didnt know who she was at first -we talked for a while about Star Wars and this and that -then I got it. Anyways I told her I hadnt seen the movie yet (obviously it hadnt come out) but told her it looked great.

I cant wait to order one. As much as I'd like the Deluxe version I'll be just happy with the book alone.

SWS.com has them in stock for $50, but I'll hold out for Amazon's $31.50.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: Dressing a Galaxy

I'm looking forward to it as well, I just noted the 31.50 over at Amazon and at that price it's a definite pickup for me ! Not sure if I would be willing to pay 50 but this is perfect.

I'd love to get the DVD that comes with the mack-daddy edition, but an extra $250 for it is a bit much. I wish there was a "middle of the road" version that was more loaded than just the basic book but didn't include the stupid cloth samples.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I took the plunge and bought the big one.

I can count it as a tax-write off though... :lipsrseal

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    I can count it as a tax-write off though... :lipsrseal
    How so?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    How so?
    Business related expense. It falls under "research."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'd love to get the DVD that comes with the mack-daddy edition, but an extra $250 for it is a bit much. I wish there was a "middle of the road" version that was more loaded than just the basic book but didn't include the stupid cloth samples.
    Does this just cover the PT or the OT as well? I would like to find out what was used to dress Luke and Han in the Stormtrooper armor. I mean it would be "research" for me as well, but I couldn't write it off.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

This book covers the wardrobes of Episodes I, II & III as everything was designed by Trisha Biggar and the book exclusivly covers HER work.

The costumes/wardrobes of the Original Trilogy are covered in The Star Wars Chronicles by Deborah Fine. But just a warning, its $$$.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I have tickets to the exhibit itself this weekend, and as it is a costume exhibition, I am debating whether to go as Bel-Cam Jos himself (see avatar to left), sans beard (and, sadly, some hair from when last this picture was taken ). I hear they have signed copies of the book available, but I don't know if I need that. Will inform how well literature imitates fashion art.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(