Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wally World Done for the Year?

I was at my local Wal*Mart yesterday to hunt for figures and the only figure they had was the New Nemodian Commander so I picked it up. I had the Dept. manager scan the figure with the Telzon thing to see how many more were coming in and all it showed was one case on the way and the item was marked as Non-Replenishable!!!. Does this mean that Wal*Mart will not have ROTS figures for the Holidays????!!!!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

Re: Wally World Done for the Year?

I hope not cause that would truly suck. I'm still hunting for the Tarkin Wave and the last 12. If the stores are only going to get one case of the figures that means either scalper prices or worse. I hate when companies do this. They have a toy that will fly off the shelves and they order 1 of it.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I was expecting lots of stuff at this Toylnad thing KH was talking about. But nothing. Just Neimoidian Warriors, a Pilot Obi-Wan, and some tumbleweeds.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Usually, towards the end of a line the figure availability peters out. I could never find the last few of the POTF2 CT line (Motti, Leia, Vader, Stormie) and only got what I did through ebay and a TRU clearance. The same happened with EP1 (Sio Bibble wave, Swimming Jar Jar, TC-14) and POTJ (Zutton, Eeth Koth, the conehead astromech droid). Look at the OTC series also. Where the hell were those 2005 figures like the sandtrooper? I won't be surprised if we'll have to scramble to find the 501st clones also.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I hear every bit of that Man Can. Although I have been lucky enough to find all of the end of the line figures at retail.

As for WM being done for the year I really hope not. I've found at least 75% of my ROTS figs at WM. If they go down I may have to depend on TRU for my figs. *shudder*
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yeah, that's some pretty distressing news, because like most collectors out there, I've found a huge percentage of my ROTS figures at Wal-Mart.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

i believe this to be true.......haven't seen anything new in weeks there....and even the clones are staring to pegwarm....i really don't expect to find any of the last 12 there.....

I was suprised today to see the former department manager of toys (was demoted) straightening out the Star Wars isle. She had seperated the pegs by Collection 1 and collection 2. We had a ton of collection 1 figures, had very few collection 2 figures, and she was ordering some collection 2, so I hope that this is not the fate of Wal-Marts SW figure inventory.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

It is because WM can not order directly from Hasbro. They get shipped figures direct. Thats why it says non replenishable.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Walmart is also adjusting for the holiday season. I wouldn't worry to much I am confident they will be plenty for holiday's.