Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"This has never been done in the history of the Jedi..."

Really? Are we sure about that? NOBODY else except Anakin has been brought into the council without becoming a Master? Depending on the "authorised" source from which you draw your information, it states that Ki-Adi-Mundi was brought into the council without being elevated to "Master" status. DK's "Ultimate Visual Guide" still states that factoid. If you go to StarWars.com, it states Ki-Adi-Mundi is a knight. Oh, what to do?!!!

Anyhow, I wasn't sure if this has been discussed. If it has, I couldn't find a thread for it.

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: "This has never been done in the history of the Jedi..."

I don't recall this being brought up before as far as I can remember. The funny thing is as soon as I saw the thread title I thought of Ki-Adi and a trivia question from the TPM era: 'Who's the only council member that is not a Jedi Master?' It seems that this is a bit of a snafu that was missed.

The official EU word about TPM was that Ki-Adi was a Knight, placed on the Council because his binary Cerean brain gave him a unique insight into the Force.

For AOTC, all sources referred to him as a Master, and the EU assumption was that he had trained A'Sharad Hett to Knighthood and was granted the "Master" title.

In ROTS, Anakin makes his comment about a Knight on the Council being unprecedented. But, as you said, then the Ultimate Visual Guide comes out and still says Ki-Adi was a Knight.

My guess is Anakin simply didn't know Ki-Adi was placed on the Council prior to becoming a Master. And Obi-Wan thought, "Man, I ought to correct him, but my boy's mad, and that'd not be a good idea."

All solved. Except for Genndy Tartakovsky's commentary for Clone Wars Episode 20 that says the Cerean Padawan was Ki-Adi's Padawan, and there's no way that could be the case.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The way I see it, when it comes to EU vs the movies, the movies always win.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    The way I see it, when it comes to EU vs the movies, the movies always win.
    Agreed. Never once in the films did anyone say Ki-Adi-Mundi was a Knight on the council.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

No one's disputing that. However, if you're going to mention even the idea that Ki-Adi was a Knight and not a Master, you've introduced EU into the discussion.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I too knew exactly what this was gonna be about when I read the title. Actually when I first saw ROTS and I saw that part I immediately thought of Ki-Adi and how I thought he was a Knight in TPM. Oh, how wrong I was. I realize that you have to go by EU when dealing with this matter but from just the movie you would be led to believe that Ani was the only one and that all members of the council, Ki-Adi included, are Masters and always have been.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

As far as I'm concerned, KAM is a Master in TPM.

It can go either way, Anakin could have been jumping to conclusions as he was upset.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'm so glad I started this thread. It's been bothering me for a while...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**