Smithfield, NC Collectors Guild

Hello to all those in and around Smithfield, NC!

I know it's not a big place but it's where I live for now. Anyone in the state of NC is welcome to chime in and talk about what they've found, seen or not. I'll post what I find and hopefully where. Plus, any info I come across, I'll also post here.

Just to get things started. I did find 7 of the last 12 figures about 2 weeks ago at the Super WM in Smithfield. This past Friday I picked up the 2 lava figs at a Target in Raleigh and just last night I picked up the Coruscant 5 pack and Plo's starfighter at the Target on Six Forks at North Hills.

Anyway, good luck to any and everyone that stops by. If no one else stops by, then I'll just assume that I am the biggest SW fan in NC.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Re: Smithfield, NC Collectors Guild

Don't worry, there are plenty of SW fans and collectors in the area!!
    I moved from Raleigh to Rocky Mount about 3 months ago, so I am in your general vicinity.
    Raleigh is still your best bet, as the Super Wal Mart here in Rocky Mount has nothing upto date really.
    Good luck on your finds. I am not really into SW collecting as much now but if I see anything new I will definately let you know.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Thanks JangoFett96!

Any information coming down the I-95 pipe will be greatly appreciated. I'm currently in search of one of those elusive ROTS Gunships. If there's anything you're in search of please lmk. I'll definitely keep my eyes open.

Just a short report on the WM in Garner, the one beside the Super K. Don't bother with this place. They have 3 pegs for regular figs and no vehicles, battle packs, etc. What a waste. I can't believe they let that WM exist.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Woo Hoo!!!

Hi all!

I had a very nice surprise at Target this morning around 9:45am.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6394/imag03548yu.jpg

I found these at the Target just past the I-40 on-ramp on Hwy. 70 in Garner. I consider myself very lucky. There was one R4 left. So everyone, keep your eyes open. They're starting to hit and hopefully in abundance as we get closer to Christmas.

Good Luck!!!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Ep. III DVD

Well folks, I picked up my copy of ROTS this morning around 12:50. The WM employees had just uncovered the dvd display which also contained the dvd figure 3-packs. I picked up a clone 3-pack and the movie with bonus dvd. $36 well spent.

I've watched a few of the extras but haven't watched the movie yet. I'm sure it will be just as riveting.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Hey SD, sorry I haven't checked in for a while-been busy.
    Nothing new around here, but I did see the 3 packs at Wal Mart you mentioned. Nothing relatively new on the pegs, just the Obi Wan Pilot wave, etc.
    I will keep you updated if I see anything else.
    Perhaps we should get together sometime and do some toy hunting.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Hey JF96!

Not much has been going on around here but I did have a nice pickup today. I snagged a Shadow Clone and the new version of the Evolution Clone to Stormtrooper set. I was able to get the guy in toys to go into the stockroom and pull one for me. Keep your eyes open at your local Target. These should be out any time. The dcpi is 087-06-0516. I only picked up one b/c of the $12.99 sticker price.

A toy run sounds great. We should definitely do one soon. BTW, what card shop are you talking about? I'm not familiar with any close by other than what's in Raleigh.

Karen and I will be out of town this weekend. LMK if you are hunting anything in particular so I can keep a look out.

Good luck and happy hunting!
    Charles
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

I did a search on the internet and found a card shop in Smithfield. I don't recall the name but I will look it up again.
    Congrats on your find, I will make sure to check Target and Wal Mart this weekend for any new finds.
    Right now I am not looking for anything in particular, but when that "new" Boba Fett (carkoon battle) hits I will probably be wanting one of those.

Hope you have a great weekend. Be safe!!

Steve

Hey Steve!

I received my Covert Ops Clones from ShopStarWars today. Interesting paint scheme. This is one diverse group of clones. So different from their sterile stormtrooper brethren.

Did you happen to order any? I know they are a bit steep but I kind of dig the deco on them.

Later!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!