Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Episode III VHS?

Will be getting Revenge Of The Sith on VHS as well as DVD or are Lucasfilm just not going to bother?

Not that I would ever even watch the thing on one of those big black anolog boxes, but it would satisfy my anal retentive side, I would like to complete my Star Wars video collection!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Re: Episode III VHS?

I think I read here that RotS will be DVD only. I think alot of analog completists will be upset, not just you.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    I think I read here that RotS will be DVD only. I think alot of analog completists will be upset, not just you.
    I read that hear as well Cap, apparently ROTS will be the first film not to be released on both VHS and DVD.

I thought someone said that it would be released in Europe on VHS?!?!

Confusing, I know, but I am a DVD guy all the way anyhow.

In fact, as soon as I bought my DVD player (1999) I swore I would never buy another VHS. Then GL made me break that oath by not releasing EP1 on DVD until 3 years later?!?!Grrrrrr
    May the force be with you.

I'm not sure if it will be released in Europe... I never bothered getting AOTC on VHS so it doesn't really bother me if ROTS will be on VHS or not.

I did a quick search on google and found this site selling the ROTS VHS. I'm not sure where exactly it's from but it's definitely Europe.

Link.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

That can't be totally accurate, since it says total "disks" is 1.

Aside from bootleggers, LFL said awhile back that they aren't releasing it on VHS.

It looks this site is out of England. I checked out a couple of other movies and they all say "number of disks" so it must be an error across the board. But like Caesar said I remember hearing that ROTS will be on DVD only.

That's stupid. They need to release it on VHS, if only so everyone can have the whole set on both VHS and DVD. They're losing a lot of money by doing this . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    That's stupid. They need to release it on VHS, if only so everyone can have the whole set on both VHS and DVD. They're losing a lot of money by doing this . . .
    I didn't pick up Episodes I or II on VHS. I did buy both Widescreen and full screen for the EPI DVD, but then thought better when buying EPII and just got that one in Widescreen.

I have several versions of the OT on VHS, and I hope at least one of them was like the way I saw it in 1977 where Han shoots and Greedo doesn't even have a chance to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 10-18-2005 at 12:24 AM.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!