View Poll Results: Would you purchase collectibles for the following properties?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Trek

47 21.08%
  • Battlestar Galactica

72 32.29%
  • Stargate

28 12.56%
  • Star Wars Expanded Universe

200 89.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Would you purchase collectibles for the following properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Conducting marketing research now?
    Yeah maybe. But it is interesting to see where Star Wars fans stand on other shows... other Science Fiction stuff. That, and though I knew this poll was coming, given that we just found out about Hasbro adding BSG and Stargate to the Titanium line, I'm surprised at how much more relevant it's become to this community.

Fact is, with Star Wars "slowing down" for a bit, and companies looking to keep you guys poor it's kind of interesting to see where everybody stands.

For the sake of discussion, I'd even be interested to hear any other suggestions for show or movie merchandise, (keeping it kind of within the realm of Sci-Fi, etc.) One show that I'd add to the list, that I became fond of right as it was ending, is Farscape. Also, I've always been a Dr. Who fan, (and I'd love it if some "Science Fiction" cable channel picked up the latest show... won't hold my breath) I'd always welcome decent offerings from any of those shows. Perhaps a nicely done Sonic Screwdriver replica.

Stargate was a cool movie, and I always thought the show was mediocre at best. I can't think of enough from the film to support a figure line that I'd want, and I'd pass on anything from the show.
    Don't tell that to Hasbro, they did a movie figure line back in the day.

Oh, and let me add that if Hasbro struggled the Star Trek small die cast spaceship license away from Johnny Lightning, I would support it wholeheartedly (so long as it wasn't total junk, I bought over half the Johnny Lightning line and it has its fair share of flaws).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I love all the Sci-Fi stuff.

Currently BSG is at the top of my list, television wise. I bought the season 1 box set with the mini-series a couple of weeks ago and now my wife is hooked as well. I like the new one much better than the original.

I also follow SG1 and SG-Atlantis, but not as much as BSG.

However, I will still pass on the toys. SW is my first collecting love and anything that takes money away from that has got to go.

Well, except for the wife and kid of course.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Oh, and let me add that if Hasbro struggled the Star Trek small die cast spaceship license away from Johnny Lightning, I would support it wholeheartedly (so long as it wasn't total junk, I bought over half the Johnny Lightning line and it has its fair share of flaws).
    If they managed to say... use a little die-cast in their ships, I'd be all for it. It still amazes me that the JL Trek stuff is all plastic. I can't think of one movie line that JL has done that's been like that. At this point I'm so happy with the Titanium line, I'd love to see them expand it as much as they want. Show me some Alien(s) stuff and I'll buy it.

assuming that it's the new Battlestar...YES.

All the rest...NO!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

None of the above.

When I quit Star Wars, I'll move on to something non-toy related.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

The only box I checked was the Star Wars Expanded Universe one. The other series I have little interest one--with the possible exception of Star Trek, of which I have a casual interest in--one that might be more piqued had I not plunged in so deep with Star Wars.

Even the EU has its limitations. I don't own much EU figures save for some Micro Machines and Action Fleet. I did buy a Prince Xizor at CIII and I am interested in obtaining more from that line, but I will only pursue it if I have money left over. Other priorities first.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.