View Poll Results: Would you purchase collectibles for the following properties?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Trek

47 21.08%
  • Battlestar Galactica

72 32.29%
  • Stargate

28 12.56%
  • Star Wars Expanded Universe

200 89.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would you purchase collectibles for the following properties?

We are going to throw you a curve ball and take it a little outside of just Star Wars... please cast your vote (check all that apply) and tell us why...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Re: Would you purchase collectibles for the following properties?

I'll break the ice on this one. I voted...

Star Trek - Yes. I've been a Trek fan longer than a Star Wars fan. (There wasn't a Star Wars back when I first started watching Star Trek.) I love the "original series", but I've bought items from the other shows and the movies as well.
    Battlestar Galactica - Yes. We're talking new Galactica, right? I like the show a lot. Depending on what the item is, I'd think about it. (For the record, I'd think about stuff from the old shows as well.)
    Stargate - No. Well... maybe. I don't dislike the Stargate shows (or movie for that matter) but they're just not my thing.
    Star Wars Expanded Universe - Yes. But it all depend on what it is.

I only chose SW EU. I've never been a fan of any of the other properties and I'm not a fan of the EU but I do enjoy seeing new product for SW even though it may be EU.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

a big NO to all of them . . . while I did enjoy Trek TNG, I don't like any of the other shows in the Trek series.

I totally back Star Wars Expanded Universe and I bought multiples of Playmates and Art Asylum's Star Trek to do dioramas (and would like to see one of those sizes continue).

Star Trek needs

Enterprise Xindi figures, Phlox, Hoshi
    Deep Space Nine Dominion War figures

Star Wars needs

New Jedi Order
    Knights of the Old Republic (Tales of the Jedi)
    Quinlan Vos / Villie / Prequel OnGoing series

Amongst others...

Star Trek - Yes, I've got a bunch of the Playmates figures and have been trying to get the Art Asylum figures. The high-price and low availability of most of the figures though keeps me waiting.

Battlestar- Not really, haven't been able to get into either version of the series. While the new series can be interesting to watch, I don't think I would support a toy line unless they had really really cool versions of the fighter craft.

Stargate- Most definitely, I'm glad they're finally making these as well as they're highly needed! I'm going to support this line for sure!

Star Wars EU- I'd love to! Granted, I probably wouldn't know who most of them are, but if they were based on stuff like popular books, comics and games (like Jedi Knight) I'd definitely support it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I chose all 4, but to varying degrees.

Like PF, I've been a Star Trek fan since before there was a Star Wars... I was born a Trekkie really. I have a lot of collectibles from the franchise as it is, mostly all toys, the most being probably Star Trek Micro Machines but maybe actually more Playmates action figures, I have lots of those. In terms of spending on a single item, I generally don't go super high, $100 is my tops.

BSG was never my thing back in the day, I liked the designs of the original series' pilot outfits and the cylons and the colonial vipers, but I wasn't way into the show. The new show is pretty good, but I don't think I'd buy much from it except for the vehicles, I'd buy a lot of vehicles. Figures though, I probably wouldn't buy (except as Action Fleet minifigs with the vehicles ) just because it's not that sort of show to me and they don't have cool accessories on the show. I wouldn't spend more than $30 for a BSG collectible.

Stargate really impressed me when it first came out, I own the special edition on DVD. The shows, SG1 and Atlantis, have also been pretty good. Apparently there's a figure line coming next year of the shows, I don't know if I'll collect 'em all but I'll probably get the core characters and hopefully a gate accessory. There aren't many other types of collectibles I can even think of, but I can accept being surprised by something cool. I think my cap would be $40 though.

I've never totally connected with the SW Expanded Universe, but I have picked up on some of it. I have all the SOTE figures, all the Hasbro EU figures, the EU-derived Galoob Action Fleet sets, and even the Rawcliffe Outrider, but I never bought the Galoob Micro Machines EU sets back in the day nor the Hasbro Outrider (though to be fair, that wasn't so much EU as just plain "ewwww" ). My interest in collectibles from the EU varies a lot depending on how Star Warsy the item is, how well it's designed (I'm looking at you, Hasbro Outrider), and whether or not it piques my interest in general. I think my spending cap is a paltry $30, compared to my SW spending cap of $125.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Battlestar Galactica might be something that interests Mrs Chuxter, but I never got into it.

Stargate was a cool movie, and I always thought the show was mediocre at best. I can't think of enough from the film to support a figure line that I'd want, and I'd pass on anything from the show.

Star Trek I said no to as well, though I could see myself getting one or two pieces, depending on what they were.

Star Wars EU, well, I'm not sure what that is.

I noticed there's no Harry & the Hendersons figures listed. Which is weird, because amazon.com lists a December 31, 1969 release date for the DVD.

(Seriously, though, I'd buy a Movie Maniac style figure of Harry, no question.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Stargate was a cool movie, and I always thought the show was mediocre at best. I can't think of enough from the film to support a figure line that I'd want, and I'd pass on anything from the show.
    Don't tell that to Hasbro, they did a movie figure line back in the day.

Oh, and let me add that if Hasbro struggled the Star Trek small die cast spaceship license away from Johnny Lightning, I would support it wholeheartedly (so long as it wasn't total junk, I bought over half the Johnny Lightning line and it has its fair share of flaws).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I love all the Sci-Fi stuff.

Currently BSG is at the top of my list, television wise. I bought the season 1 box set with the mini-series a couple of weeks ago and now my wife is hooked as well. I like the new one much better than the original.

I also follow SG1 and SG-Atlantis, but not as much as BSG.

However, I will still pass on the toys. SW is my first collecting love and anything that takes money away from that has got to go.

Well, except for the wife and kid of course.
    May the force be with you.