View Poll Results: Would you purchase collectibles for the following properties?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Trek

47 21.08%
  • Battlestar Galactica

72 32.29%
  • Stargate

28 12.56%
  • Star Wars Expanded Universe

200 89.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you purchase collectibles for the following properties?

We are going to throw you a curve ball and take it a little outside of just Star Wars... please cast your vote (check all that apply) and tell us why...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Re: Would you purchase collectibles for the following properties?

I'll break the ice on this one. I voted...

Star Trek - Yes. I've been a Trek fan longer than a Star Wars fan. (There wasn't a Star Wars back when I first started watching Star Trek.) I love the "original series", but I've bought items from the other shows and the movies as well.
    Battlestar Galactica - Yes. We're talking new Galactica, right? I like the show a lot. Depending on what the item is, I'd think about it. (For the record, I'd think about stuff from the old shows as well.)
    Stargate - No. Well... maybe. I don't dislike the Stargate shows (or movie for that matter) but they're just not my thing.
    Star Wars Expanded Universe - Yes. But it all depend on what it is.

I only chose SW EU. I've never been a fan of any of the other properties and I'm not a fan of the EU but I do enjoy seeing new product for SW even though it may be EU.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

a big NO to all of them . . . while I did enjoy Trek TNG, I don't like any of the other shows in the Trek series.

I totally back Star Wars Expanded Universe and I bought multiples of Playmates and Art Asylum's Star Trek to do dioramas (and would like to see one of those sizes continue).

Star Trek needs

Enterprise Xindi figures, Phlox, Hoshi
    Deep Space Nine Dominion War figures

Star Wars needs

New Jedi Order
    Knights of the Old Republic (Tales of the Jedi)
    Quinlan Vos / Villie / Prequel OnGoing series

Amongst others...

Star Trek - Yes, I've got a bunch of the Playmates figures and have been trying to get the Art Asylum figures. The high-price and low availability of most of the figures though keeps me waiting.

Battlestar- Not really, haven't been able to get into either version of the series. While the new series can be interesting to watch, I don't think I would support a toy line unless they had really really cool versions of the fighter craft.

Stargate- Most definitely, I'm glad they're finally making these as well as they're highly needed! I'm going to support this line for sure!

Star Wars EU- I'd love to! Granted, I probably wouldn't know who most of them are, but if they were based on stuff like popular books, comics and games (like Jedi Knight) I'd definitely support it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't read the EU stuff, but I am a Starwars worshipper and find the toys generally too cool to pass up even if I don't have a clue who they are or where they came from. It makes no sense, but I never claimed that it did.

As far as the other stuff goes, nah. Trek never was my cup o' tea. I liked the old Galactica and I like Stargate too, but I don't that that building collection of stuff from either is on my radar in any way. At this point in my life, I'm not too sure about collecting much else although a Ferrari collection in my garage would be nice.

No to all of them. My regular Star Wars collection takes up so much space and too much of my money. Even if I had a better job, and was able to afford another toy series line, well I might go for the Star Wars EU line, but hav never read any of the books.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I voted an emphatic YES to EU, also checked BSG. Not sure how much of Galactica stuff I'd collect, but I liked both series, so I'd get some stuff from it. Anyone else notice how the new Cylons look much like Super Battle Droids? (Or for that matter how much the Clones of AOTC looked like the old Cylons?
    Move along, move along

I voted no to everything except for the Star Wars EU stuff, which I would support wholeheartedly the SOTE, Clone Wars animated and other EU figures from the POTF2 line are actually some of my favorites. So, a big thumbs up to that idea.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent