Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Ee Has Pics Of The Hoth Wave!!!!!!!!!!

As per title, check them out and bow down in absolute AWE of the new Veers, Snowtrooper, Power Droid and Bryn Derlin figures. My God, I LOVE Hoth - this might be my most anticipated wave of figures EVER.

http://images.entertainmentearth.com...HS85770Blg.jpg
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Re: Ee Has Pics Of The Hoth Wave!!!!!!!!!!

maybe i'm by myself on this one, but i love the look of that Vader. Good job, JJR!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

i could do without the Rieekan but the rest of the wave looks pretty sweet! major derlin at last! i'll definitely be getting a few of the at-at drivers.

Holy good God!! We finally have a Veers with removable armor (or so it looks). The Bren Derlin figure is quite unexpected but I'm happy as hell to have one. The rest of the wave looks great as well. The new droid looks awesome and the Snowtrooper, to me, looks like an updated sculpt.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Holy good God!! We finally have a Veers with removable armor (or so it looks). The Bren Derlin figure is quite unexpected but I'm happy as hell to have one. The rest of the wave looks great as well. The new droid looks awesome and the Snowtrooper, to me, looks like an updated sculpt.
    i think the snowtrooper is the same as the saga version.

Yep, it sure does look like removable armor on Veers. That was the first thing I noticed, and I nearly peed. The ATAT Driver is just wicked - a very nice counterpart to the Saga TIE Pilot from 2003. Derlin is excellent, it looks just like John Ratzenberger. The Power Droid is very cool looking, and different from anything we've seen in plastic before. Darth and R2 look like repacks (ROTS versions?), but nice ones. Rieeken at first glance is also a repack - these won't cost me any money..... and the Snowtrooper kind of has me befuddled. It's not just a good pic of the Saga one, is it? I thought the face was new, but there's something about that non-bending right elbow, and the blaster loop on his belt that's ringing very familiar. Maybe he's a mix of old and new.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

R2's definitely new actually, you can see it has articulated feet and wheels on the bottom. Probably the same sculpt used for both the ROTS R4 units, which is REALLY cool.

Derlin looks like he uses the body and such from Riekan but modified a bit, which really works well. The AT-AT Driver was hugely unexpected but really great, using the OTC TIE Pilot body and Dutch Vander's flightsuit straps.

General Veers is just awesome with the removeable armor, I just wonder if he'll include a removeable cap or if he'll have an alternate head.

The Snowtrooper and Vader appear to be straight repacks though, as does Riekan somewhat but I doubt he'll come with the large screen. Kind of a shame, I'm hoping they'll do a super articulated (and accurate) version of the Snowtrooper(s). Oh well, hopefully later. Makes me wonder though if Vader will have any Hoth "snow" paint like the OTC Vader.

The Power Droid is really cool as well, even more unexpected than the AT-AT Driver and General Veers. I just hope that weird thing on top is easily removeable, it just looks goofy.

Overall, this wave is really awesome and alot better than the few new figures in the carkoon wave, I'm really looking forward to seeing more waves.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I love that Veers figure! I also plan on getting Mjr. Derlin and the Power Droid.

Sweet! I posted an update to our Top 50 list.

Sweet frigin geesus, this is awesome.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

just pre-ordered me up 3 cases of them gonna be sweet for my hoth display woohoo hasbro i love ya agagin
    i shall smack you wrists in a minute and bat you round your ear hole--mrs slocumb---are you being served?