Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1

    Smile Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    I havent talked about this in a fraggin long time, so what do we think about the Endor Confrontation Luke? Repack or resculpt? Im hopin and prayin its a brand new SA figure, but what are your guys thoughts? Im goin with its a resculpt b/c the only other Luke is in the Battle of Tatooine, and its prob. gonna be a repack.

  2. #2

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    I hope it's the worst Luke ever made.

    Here's a list of what I want it to have/not have:
    No neutral pose, lots of action features, crappy accessories, very little articulation, open tunic, non-VOTC sculpting (it sucked anyways), and it doesn't even have to be that accurate. Maybe like the POTF2 beefy Luke. Then I'd be happy.









    To be honest I was pretty happy with the Saga 2 one with the exception of the mouth. I just want a figure that looks good and obviously it's your favorite fig so you want it to be perfect but unfortunately that's not how it's gonna happen. You should be pleased if it's half as good as the one in yer sig.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

  3. #3

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    My guess it will not have an action feature and it will not be SA. It will probobly be close to what you want but not 100%. Not that I wouldn't like to see you get your Luke (I would love it too) I think it will be a case of close.. but not quite yet.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

  4. #4

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    I think as long as the sculpting is good, it has articulation on par with the ROTS Obi Wan Pilot figure, and has the correct accessories Ill be happy. I dont expect whats in my profile, but I sure as hell dont want a repeat of SAGA's Throne Room Duel Luke. Im not a hard man to please, honestly!

  5. #5

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    That would be fine for me also I don't think Hasbro has the brass ones to repack the monkey face luke. My problem with this figure is, once it comes out ...what figure will you beg for??????!!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

  6. #6

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by ROTJLuke
    I think as long as the sculpting is good, it has articulation on par with the ROTS Obi Wan Pilot figure, and has the correct accessories Ill be happy. I dont expect whats in my profile, but I sure as hell dont want a repeat of SAGA's Throne Room Duel Luke. Im not a hard man to please, honestly!
    Obi-wan pilot isn't the best SA example, why everyone cites him as the articulation benchmark kind of goes over my head - great figure but he can't hold his sabre doublehanded in a way that looks like he's either attacking or defending. He can only hold it up to his chest as though he's posing for promotion photos. Its the amazingly overlooked ROTS Count Dooku who boasts the poseability we need for DSII Jedi Luke - he can be neutral, attacking or defending.

    I think it will be a new sculpt and SA aswell. It seems like its going to be a year where Hasbro demonstrates that it has listened to collectors (well except on the vehicles/playsets issue). We're getting figures that have been requested for years, resculpts of old figures that were badly needed, never-before made figures, some figures that they know will pegwarm but made anyway to please their collector fanbase...breath...and they know now that we love SuperArticulation. They must know that the saga Throne room duel Luke doesn't cut it. So yeah I think it will be a great figure - I'd be surprised in a bad way if it ended up being some sort of repack or kitbash.

  7. #7

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by Devo
    Obi-wan pilot isn't the best SA example, why everyone cites him as the articulation benchmark kind of goes over my head - great figure but he can't hold his sabre doublehanded in a way that looks like he's either attacking or defending. He can only hold it up to his chest as though he's posing for promotion photos. Its the amazingly overlooked ROTS Count Dooku who boasts the poseability we need for DSII Jedi Luke - he can be neutral, attacking or defending.

    I think it will be a new sculpt and SA aswell. It seems like its going to be a year where Hasbro demonstrates that it has listened to collectors (well except on the vehicles/playsets issue). We're getting figures that have been requested for years, resculpts of old figures that were badly needed, never-before made figures, some figures that they know will pegwarm but made anyway to please their collector fanbase...breath...and they know now that we love SuperArticulation. They must know that the saga Throne room duel Luke doesn't cut it. So yeah I think it will be a great figure - I'd be surprised in a bad way if it ended up being some sort of repack or kitbash.

    I wholeheartily agree with that. For starters, the Dooku figure was f**kin awesome, I got two just to open one up. Two, the TRD Luke sucked really bad. Finally, I doubt they have enough Final Duel Luke costumed figures to make a kitbash, unless they threw binders on that horrible monkey TRD one. The only Luke figures (to my knowledge) in the DSII outfit are as follows: Cinema Scenes Final Jedi Duel, Speederbike (Under the poncho), MMC Endor Luke (again under the poncho), and Throne Room Duel. The first three are POTF2, and will NOT due for the kinds of figures weve seen thus far (excluding the Skiff guard in the Carcoon wave) and everyone and their mother hate the Throne Room Duel one. So, heres to Hasbro finally answering my prayers and making a figure Ive wanted for nearly a decade now.

  8. #8

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spoon
    That would be fine for me also I don't think Hasbro has the brass ones to repack the monkey face luke. My problem with this figure is, once it comes out ...what figure will you beg for??????!!!

    I guess well have to wait and see, my friend!

  9. #9

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by ROTJLuke
    ...the TRD Luke sucked really bad.
    Wha...What are you talking 'bout?! Whataya even sayin'? TRD Luke was THE BEST STAR WARS FIGURE EVER MADE...EVER!!!....well besides POTF2 R5-D4, which was equally awesome!




    Oh no. Everyone on the boards hates me now

    Seriously, in the words of Comic Book Guy: "Worst...Figures...EVER!"
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

  10. #10

    Re: Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

    I have also wanted a better DSII Luke figure and hopefully they will finally release him with his own new lightsaber hilt mold (maybe the one that was originally planned in the protoype pics of holo luke) and be packaged with both the ignited saber and the plain hilt that can be attached to the figures belt. Hell while they are at it put together a new R2 that comes with the luke ROTJ hilt that raises up out of his dome when you turn his head much like the early bird R2. and then it could also have a removable blade.

Similar Threads

  1. My Wants / Haves
    By WesleySr in forum Let's Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 07:55 PM
  2. selling excess $2.50+ HUGE Selection
    By badmoodshark in forum Let's Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2002, 02:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO