View Poll Results: Which is your main Boba Fett figure?

Voters
341. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kenner vintage Boba Fett

29 8.50%
  • POTF2 Boba Fett

18 5.28%
  • Deluxe POTF2 Boba Fett

3 0.88%
  • SAGA young Boba Fett (AOTC)

5 1.47%
  • SAGA pit of Carkoon Boba Fett (ROTJ)

40 11.73%
  • 300th Boba Fett

137 40.18%
  • VOTC Boba Fett

109 31.96%

Hybrid View

Which is your main Boba Fett figure?

Since his humble beginnings over 25 years ago, there have been plenty of action figure versions of Boba Fett. He may be just 1 character, but he is everywhere; in terms of screentime, he may have the most figures in relation to his amount we've actually seen him.

This poll asks collectors which 3¾" Boba Fett figure they consider the main version of the character in their collection, no matter loose or carded. The choices span all the 3¾" Boba Fett molds (that I could think of off the top of my head), though not every variation of those molds was listed (i.e., not listed were SOTE Fett or Silver Fett or pack-in Fetts, though POTF2 Fett and POTF2 Deluxe Fett do actually have different parts so they are listed separately).

So vote now and tell your fellow collectors which Boba Fett figure is king!

And remember Peter Griffin's words of wisdom:
    "[FONT=Arial]No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man![/FONT]"

Re: Which is your primary Boba Fett figure?

I voted for the 300th Fett. Why? Excellent accessories, nice pose in the box, the 300th figure factor, great sculpt, and accurate paint.

B.
    TDV

PS I don't like the use of the word "primary" here. I almost thought you were asking which of these figures did I first own. Which is/was your (primary) first Boba Fett figure? Well my first Boba Fett was the POTF2 version.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

When I thought of this thread 2 weeks ago I went back and forth between "main" and "primary". I see what you mean though so I just switched the wording to "main" right now. Thanks for the feedback.

I also voted for the 300th, it replaced the POTF2 one I had up for half a decade as my PRIMARY and MAIN Boba Fett. 300th has good accessories, a nice jetpack, a nice cloth cape, and good articulation. I never considered switching to Carkoon Fett simply because he's got too much of an action pose, and the gimmick backpack doesn't look as good. I did however consider switching out 300th with VOTC but ultimately didn't because the VOTC one has his legs so close together that I couldn't pull together a realistic stance for him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Which is your main Boba Fett figure?

Me voted for vintage. While I love the 300th and the VOTC, nothing stacks up to the hours of fun I had with my vintage Boba "Pal" Fett! Plus I just like his sleek design and he's got great nostalgia kudos coming his way. None of my new toys ('95 and on) give me heart felt memories when I look at them the way my vintage Boba Fett (and all the other vintage figs I played with) does and to me, that's priceless!

p.s. Nice poll question Tricks...something that hasn't been done before...me likes!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I voted VOTC Fett, though I don't really consider any of them my main (or favorite) Boba Fett figure. I know it's wishy-washy, but I bought each of them for different reasons and they each get a spot on the shelf. Vintage Fett is an icon, VOTC Fett is most fun to play with, Carkoon Fett looks cool posed next to my skiff, 300th Fett never came out of his box (and that's where I like it), POTF2 Fett is still the one I keep with the other bounty hunters. They're all good toys for various reasons... except DX rocket glider Fett. (What the heck?)

I voted for the vintage Fett. Now there's a toy that was made when toys were really toys!

I have two vintage Fetts, one in each paint scheme, standing side-by-side. It's too cool!
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    They're all good toys for various reasons... except DX rocket glider Fett. (What the heck?)
    Hey, if it weren't for that figure, I couldn't have done this: http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/fettswoop/
    (cheap custom vehicle, can't not love it!)

Quote Originally Posted by steeltormentor69
    all of them together in the line as they appear in ESB I have the IG-88 2-pack one there (I think it was missed on the poll)
    If you mean the Shadows of the Empire (SOTE) 2pack from '96, I didn't miss it, I just didn't list every variation of the single molds and since SOTE Fett was a repaint of POTF2 Fett, I didn't bother listing him.

Not too fond of the deluxe Boba Fett even though I accidently picked it in the poll because I'm tripping on about 40 gallons of coffee and didn't pay attention to what I was doing.
    Well, that explains 1 of the 3 votes for that figure, which is 3 more than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    The beautiful Unleashed statuette not being an option
    So he's your favorite 3.75" Boba Fett, huh? If you want to vote for the "beautiful Unleashed statuette", why not vote for the Saga Carkoon Fett who is fairly similar and is on the poll?

I'm surprised that the 300th Fett overtook the VOTC one since yesterday when it was the other way around.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    When I thought of this thread 2 weeks ago I went back and forth between "main" and "primary". I see what you mean though so I just switched the wording to "main" right now. Thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks JT. I knew you'd see it my way. j/k

I have been thinking about "wording" and am changing my signature from "Insert stupid signature remark here" to "Insert witty signature remark here". The first one sounds as though I am a disgruntled forum member, and that is not true. I love this place!

Yeah, the 300th boba has the total package. The carkoon Fett is a good figure in my book, but he is too cartoon-like. I do like the paint, but the big jet pack blast and dumb pose is very cartoony. The carkoon Fett places second.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

VOTC Fett for me, now if only they will make a good Jango figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened88
    now if only they will make a good Jango figure.
    What's wrong with the AOTC one with the grappling hook, removeable helmet, etc?
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.