This might sound ominous and accusatory (no, YOU did it! ), but it's actually a serious topic. I just finished a two-week run of the play Our Town, where I played undertaker Joe Stoddard, as well as signing in the choir (and I have a terrible voice, but it's amazing what a group of people can do to drown out those who stink) and in the wedding scene. It's one of the best experiences I've ever had, even with 2 prior months of rehearsals. It made me wonder, what are the accomplishments you've made in your lives? And any time to make lists is a good time!
BEL-CAM'S TOP TEN (OR SO) ACCOMPLISHMENTS (in no particular order):
1. 3-month driving trip (16,000+ miles) across southern part of U.S.
2. winning Employee of the Year in '95.
3. Our Town play
4. attending summer Writing Project seminars ('03, '05)
5. attending speech by Desmond Tutu at college
6. getting my BA degree in Social Studies and Teaching Credential
7. coaching my youth basketball team to the '95 league championship
8. running a 4:32 1500 meter (4:52 equivalent mile) race