View Poll Results: Would you purchase collectibles from video games?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 84.32%
  • No

29 15.68%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Would you purchase collectibles from video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spoon
    I voted Yes. I gave KOTOR & KOTOR2 65 of the best hours of my life!!!
    Hah! Ditto for me.

I've said it before, but the games are largely what Star Wars is about now (always has been really, but now even more so.) What did McCallum say at the Press Junket? ...that Battlefront 1 has sold 3 1/2 million copies... on it's way to 4 million. Battlefront 2 has gone gold already! I love the KOTOR games... they're why I bought an Xbox.

Would I buy figures and vehicles? Yes. Would I buy other collectable stuff? Probably yes. (From KOTOR: Ebon Hawk model, Revan's mask, a Mandalorian helmet... ?)

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Battlefront 2 has gone gold already!
    The way you say that PF it makes it sound like Battlefront 2 has already accomplished something great for video games. Just so no one is under any false impression here, all "going gold" means is that the software programming is done and all that's left to do is distribution and packaging before selling the game.

As for buying SW stuff from video games, I'd say it depends on what it is. If its action figure related I'm all for it. If not it would probably have to be some sort of free premium for preordering or something like that for me to get it, otherwise I wouldn't really bother.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Malakite
    all "going gold" means is...
    Well, I suppose that shows my knowledge gap in the world of game lingo. I assumed it had to do with pre-sales or something... selling a 1/2 million units like with records. (I'll just go back to playing Pong now.)

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Well, I suppose that shows my knowledge gap in the world of game lingo. I assumed it had to do with pre-sales or something... selling a 1/2 million units like with records. (I'll just go back to playing Pong now.)
    Its an easy mistake to make PF. Trust me, there are people out there far worse off than you in the tech/game knowledge department. Guyute and jangofett96 can tell you that.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I voted "yes" since I would love to see figures from various Star Wars related games. I could even guarantee that i would get most, if not all, of them. The possibilities are endless. I dont know if it will happen anytime soon but maybe down the road it will be a reality.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Not a game player, so I voted "No".
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I've never bought one so I voted no. The games are way too expensive for my tastes when they come out. I wait until the price drops, so by then all the exclusives would be gone.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Absolutely. I voted yes not because I love SW video games I don't but because this is precisely the kind of stuff I love to collect. As far as figures go, I'd love to see Arden Lyn above all others.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

Kotor figures would be great. We already have a Dark Trooper and Kyle Katarn. Plus, Scorch is right around the corner. Now is the time for more EU figures and I for one, would love to see them.
    [B]I have many crazy Star Wars DVDs available for trade[/B]

I voted yes because I would love to have the figures from the Dark Forces series. From Dark Forces up to Jedi Academy....4 games total with lots of figures possible. I'd probably buy some KOTOR ones as well, although I never really got into those games.

Battlefield1 and 2 don't even need figures since you play as or against existing characters that already have a figure.